• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Healin' Good Precure Anime Film Unveils Trailer, Staff, Visual

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kadenza

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:49 pm Reply with quote
"Ryōta Nakamura (Healin' Good Precure episode director) is directing the film."
He directed one single episode of Healin' Good, which was half of his true potential. You're doing him a disservice by not mentioning his other impressive works.
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2020 1:00 pm Reply with quote
The fact that it's a crossover between HGP and YPC5 is ticking me off.
FireChick
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2020 1:24 pm Reply with quote
TsukasaElkKite wrote:
The fact that it's a crossover between HGP and YPC5 is ticking me off.

Agreed. Healin Good's movie shouldn't have to be yet another crossover. Let it center around the proper cast, like an actual standalone movie! All shoving in characters from another series is going to do is alienate new viewers who'll have no idea who the hell these other people are. Plus, it makes zero sense from a story perspective. I know Yes Precure 5 is approaching its 15th anniversary and all, but if Toei wanted to celebrate it, why not just make an OVA or something, or reproduce the toys or something? Why shove the Yes Precure 5 girls in a place where they don't belong? Keep the crossovers limited to the all-stars movies! The entire franchise itself doesn't need to be one big crossover! Also, kind of ironic that Toei is pushing for the Yes girls this time around when that very season was close to killing the franchise, had Fresh Precure not made enough money to save it.
Saeryen

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2020 4:38 pm Reply with quote
I think it looks amazing!

I’m new to Pretty Cure and there’s a lot I have yet to see. This will be fun for me!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1