• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: New Haruhi Novel Gets Reprint Within Two Days of Its Release

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Psajdak

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2020 8:15 pm Reply with quote
Possible anime revival?
Lobokendo

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2020 9:26 pm Reply with quote
Psajdak wrote:
Possible anime revival?

I'm hoping so. For just this book they've been building waaaaay more hype than you'd normally expect. Also, the people trying to argue that KyoAni doesnt do adaptions anymore should be reminded that Dragon Maid S2 is one of their next anime, which is an adaption.
Rob49152

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2020 9:35 pm Reply with quote
A new series would be a huge anime event if there ever was one. They'd be marketing fools not to see that there is still demand for this story.
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2020 12:00 am Reply with quote
Lobokendo wrote:

I'm hoping so. For just this book they've been building waaaaay more hype than you'd normally expect. Also, the people trying to argue that KyoAni doesnt do adaptions anymore should be reminded that Dragon Maid S2 is one of their next anime, which is an adaption.
I'm not sure where people would get that KyonAni doesn't do adaptations anymore when all the last several titles they worked on have been adaptations of light novels. I think the last original work KyonAni did was Tamako Market way back in 2013.
Millhi

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2020 12:35 am Reply with quote
Cardcaptor Takato wrote:
Lobokendo wrote:

I'm not sure where people would get that KyonAni doesn't do adaptations anymore when all the last several titles they worked on have been adaptations of light novels. I think the last original work KyonAni did was Tamako Market way back in 2013.

They probably mean adaptations that aren't from KyoAnis own book imprint.
CatSword

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2020 1:09 am Reply with quote
I'm ready for another Haruhi boom in 2021!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Psajdak

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2020 2:53 am Reply with quote
Lobokendo wrote:
Psajdak wrote:
Possible anime revival?

It seems on Twitter Aya Hirano (Haruhi), and Yuki Matsuoka (Tsuruya) are active in promoting this new novel, which shows that they would like to reprise their roles.

To be honest, I myself was never all that much fan of Haruhi series, but I do know there are many anime fan who are, well, fans of it, and that they would be happy if Haruhi was revived either as continuation, or maybe even better a reboot at this point.

And same goes for iconic seiyu cast.
pluvia33

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2020 12:27 pm Reply with quote
Good to know! For some reason, amazon.jp wouldn't let me pre-order the book shipping to the US when it first listed, but I was able to order it now. It'd be nice to get a first printing copy so the spine will match my other volumes. Although I guess there's a good chance that my eventual English physical copy will end up being mismatched since I bought the old softcover releases with the "Americanized" graphic design, so maybe a mismatch with my Japanese copy would be appropriate?

And yeah, a continuation of the anime would be great. I started to finally read the manga version a few months before the new novel was announced and ran through the last four volumes last week. It's been a great refresher for the material that hadn't been animated, since I'm a slow reader and only read the novels once and read Surprise back around its release 9 years ago. Up through Surprise in the story's chronology there is more than enough material for 20+ episodes worth of anime. Maybe Tanigawa can surprise us and announce that he has the next four novels outlined and they'll be ready to be released over the next 2 or 3 years. That would definitely warrant more anime from a promotional perspective. *wishful thinking*
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1