• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
ANNtv - 2008-02-02

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bj_waters

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 3:25 pm Reply with quote
Maybe I'm just stupid, but I though that the Anime Jump Show was going to be a weekly feature, you know, in every edition of ANNtv. I rather liked that segment last week and was looking forward to seeing it this week only to not find it. Everything else is fine, I just wish to know about more about the Anime Jump segment
Dargonxtc

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 3:36 pm Reply with quote
bj_waters wrote:
Maybe I'm just stupid, but I though that the Anime Jump Show was going to be a weekly feature, you know, in every edition of ANNtv.

They said, Anime Jump will be in the last episode of ANNtv every month. Which translates to once a month, chances being the last week of that month.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Namia_the_Theif_18

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 5:26 pm Reply with quote
great episode, a very very eye-opening interview. it was great to hear what was really going on 'straight from the horse's mouth.' looking forward to seeing Ellie next week. nice job y'all!
Shadowrun20XX

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 2:27 am Reply with quote
Something isn't there.I wish the show was longer.Get Bamboo back in there,I would like to see her do manga reviews.Interview some more people ANN.That phone call was getting more professional.

As for the ADV problem,they spread themselves too thin,IMO.They and Pioneer/Geneon needed more advertising,and not hearsay.I hardly ever saw advertising for anime,maybe once on T.V.(I can't speak for the east side)It needs to be drilled in everyones head that anime is there,not just Shonen and Ero,but the series, the rest of us watch.I wouldn't think it would be smart to stock supply,for no demand.It may be obvious to us(consumer),but the companies weren't getting it.ADV has been around a while.ADV has all these problems now,and I bet you they still won't get it.I see Suncoast has tons of stock,but never anyone in there.Fry's is another place with tons of anime,and very few people browse there.Advertising is key.There are probably Fan bases,just waiting to find anime.For better and for worse.

Chris Tribbey talked about wartermarking.Watermarking is not going to help,nor is DRM(If it ever did).People have already countered that,sadly.Big companies need a crash course of the new technology.These"by the book"tactics, don't last forever.Also,they need to make a way to stop people from recording decent digital copies,straight from home,by making some sort of quality loss when recorded to DVR.IMO.

Keep it up ANN.
Namia_the_Theif_18

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 9:55 am Reply with quote
Shadowrun20XX wrote:
Something isn't there.I wish the show was longer.Get Bamboo back in there,I would like to see her do manga reviews.Interview some more people ANN.That phone call was getting more professional.

As for the ADV problem,they spread themselves too thin,IMO.They and Pioneer/Geneon needed more advertising,and not hearsay.I hardly ever saw advertising for anime,maybe once on T.V.(I can't speak for the east side)It needs to be drilled in everyones head that anime is there,not just Shonen and Ero,but the series, the rest of us watch.I wouldn't think it would be smart to stock supply,for no demand.It may be obvious to us(consumer),but the companies weren't getting it.ADV has been around a while.ADV has all these problems now,and I bet you they still won't get it.I see Suncoast has tons of stock,but never anyone in there.Fry's is another place with tons of anime,and very few people browse there.Advertising is key.There are probably Fan bases,just waiting to find anime.For better and for worse.

Chris Tribbey talked about wartermarking.Watermarking is not going to help,nor is DRM(If it ever did).People have already countered that,sadly.Big companies need a crash course of the new technology.These"by the book"tactics, don't last forever.Also,they need to make a way to stop people from recording decent digital copies,straight from home,by making some sort of quality loss when recorded to DVR.IMO.

Keep it up ANN.

so what is this 'wartermarking' that he was talking about and what's DRM?
bj_waters

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 4:03 pm Reply with quote
Dargonxtc wrote:
bj_waters wrote:
Maybe I'm just stupid, but I though that the Anime Jump Show was going to be a weekly feature, you know, in every edition of ANNtv.

They said, Anime Jump will be in the last episode of ANNtv every month. Which translates to once a month, chances being the last week of that month.

Thanks. I totally missed that.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2