• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Detective Conan Anime to Remake 'Legendary' Episode to Mark 25th Anniversary

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MFrontier

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2020 8:54 pm Reply with quote
Probably a lot of potential "legendary" episodes to remake.
skyechan

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2020 9:52 pm Reply with quote
Hm...potential good standalone ones that come to mind are 11 (Moonlight Sonata Murder Case) and 304 (The Trembling Police Headquarters - 12 Million Hostages). ...But maybe they'd do 219 (The Gathering of the Detectives! Shin'ichi Kudo vs. Kaitou Kid)?

There's several of 219 in the website's background image, but they also have several from 129 (Haibara's intro). So by "a still", I guess they mean one single image for the episode in question repeated across all of the posters? Looks like there's three more posters to come.

EDIT: Also a ton of Desperate Revival stills, but I don't think they'd remake an entire arc.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Darkcrescent

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2020 8:46 am Reply with quote
My first thought was Moonlight Sonata as well. That was an amazing episode.

Im terribly behind as the last episode I watched was the train reveal about spoiler[Shu being alive and undercover as the person in Conans house].
xxmsxx

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2020 11:20 am Reply with quote
304 Twelve Million Hostages is probably the top candidate here. We just wrapped up WPA and the series director Kamanaka Nobuharu posted a picture of Tokyo Tower on his twitter some time ago, indicating he went on location for research and fieldwork.

The interesting part is "first part". So does this mean multiple legendary episodes will be remade? Or we will have other commemorations? Like the comments above, there are quite a few legendary episodes. The Shinigami Case and Mystery Train mini-arc deserves a remake due to the uneven key animation frames in the original broadcast.

11/129/219/345 are all good candidates.

Other episodes brought up by the Japanese comments include 779-783/ Blue Castle Case 136-137 / 188-193 / 222-224 Mermaid Case.
skyechan

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2020 3:54 pm Reply with quote
xxmsxx wrote:
188-193

I wonder if they *would* remake an entire arc. Desperate Revival is fantastic, no doubt there, but the live action drama series already remade the Shin’ichi/Ran date murder case. So I don’t know if that would be tackled again.

I’m curious if the missing three images will contain better clues.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
xxmsxx

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2020 4:17 pm Reply with quote
skyechan wrote:
I wonder if they *would* remake an entire arc.

The comment section of the tweet had quite bit of this response. But personally, it probably won't be this one, because it is quite long and complicated. It is NOT one of those mini-arcs where you can cut a few things here and there and make it into a 2-hour special. It is 6 episodes in total, each episode is at least 22 minutes minus OP/ED. 22x6 = 132 mins = 2 hours and 12 minutes. So maybe they can push it. But I am not so sure.

It is a lot easier to re-make an episode that was already a special for the original broadcast. You don't need to do the story composition again.

Definitely the next three reveals will be critical. There is another tweet saying that the clues are in the background screenshots. Like you said, Desperate Revival is in the background. But it is hard to tell.
Wyvern

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2020 6:10 pm Reply with quote
skyechan wrote:
Hm...potential good standalone ones that come to mind are 11 (Moonlight Sonata Murder Case) and 304 (The Trembling Police Headquarters - 12 Million Hostages). ...But maybe they'd do 219 (The Gathering of the Detectives! Shin'ichi Kudo vs. Kaitou Kid)?

I never saw any of these episodes, but reading the plot descriptions makes me want to go and watch them

Except one of them is likely going to get remade so I may as well wait for the remake so I'm not watching the same mystery twice!
MushroomMan674

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2020 6:56 pm Reply with quote
I think Desperate Revival might be it. We already saw Episode One as a whole movie retelling of the first and second chapters, so maybe they will remake a whole arc?
residentgrigo

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2020 3:35 pm Reply with quote
Moonlight Sonata Murder Case is my guess.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1