• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Kaiu Shirai Oversees 'Original Scenario' in The Promised Neverland Season 2 Anime

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cchigu

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 10:14 am Reply with quote
Goldy Pond + everything that comes after sucks massive ass especially considering how [expletive] good the first arc was. I seriously hope that the anime goes in a completely new direction.
Zhou-BR

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 10:28 am Reply with quote
I wonder if this means we're headed for an anime-original ending. Now that the manga is over, I have my doubts that the production committee will be willing to fund additional anime seasons.
Eddy564

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 11:05 am Reply with quote
cchigu wrote:
Goldy Pond + everything that comes after sucks massive ass especially considering how [expletive] good the first arc was. I seriously hope that the anime goes in a completely new direction.

Goldy Pond was great. Luckily you can decide to not watch it since you seem unhinged over the series.
SuiSeiKen

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 11:11 am Reply with quote
Well, I was wondering how they would handle this second season considering how boring is the part between the evasion and Goldy Pond, now I got an answer.

As the manga is over and the hype decreasing, I still hope a 2-parts season 2, first half for that boring search of the bunker, second half for Goldy Pond.
ErikaD.D

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 11:16 am Reply with quote
Zhou-BR wrote:
I wonder if this means we're headed for an anime-original ending. Now that the manga is over, I have my doubts that the production committee will be willing to fund additional anime seasons.

If it's true, that means TPN anime will be another victim of ''two seasons-and-done'' and victim of anime original ending. Whenever manga is over, most animes are never have more seasons and never have conclusions from manga.

Since Kimetsu no Yaiba manga is also over, that means the anime version may never have more seasons and no manga ending in anime -- despite that KnY is very popular right now. I will be disappointed if Haikyuu anime will never have a proper conclusion from manga.

Last edited by ErikaD.D on Sun Jan 03, 2021 11:25 am; edited 2 times in total
Skydrop

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 11:23 am Reply with quote
Good decision and this is for the best. Might as well hope they can wrap up the story within this season and make the long delay waiting worth it.
CatSword

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 12:22 pm Reply with quote
As nervous as "anime-original" makes me, hopefully they know what they're doing.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
matt78

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 1:09 pm Reply with quote
Zhou-BR wrote:

I never understood this reasoning from the production committees. Why do they think a show should be over when manga ends. It seems to me that continuing an anime after a manga series is over would be a good way to still promote any merchandise that a series has. Or do they stop selling merchandise once a manga is complete?
Sekaro

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 1:56 pm Reply with quote
Not good... I'm getting some Tokyo Ghoul root A vibes here even if the situation is entirely different here. I'm in agreement that the few dozen chapters after the first arc were kinda boring & uneventful from what I've read the first time. From here on out, it's less of a Prison Escape story & more of a battle/mystery manga. I'm honestly having doubts over how the studio is gonna handle this second season considering all that great cinematography & direction from the first season is mostly gonna be of no use here unfortunately.
Soulwarfare

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 5:16 pm Reply with quote
anime-original makes me really scared.

Anime-original stuff are mostly not good
Zhou-BR

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 6:11 pm Reply with quote
ErikaD.D wrote:
Since Kimetsu no Yaiba manga is also over, that means the anime version may never have more seasons and no manga ending in anime -- despite that KnY is very popular right now. I will be disappointed if Haikyuu anime will never have a proper conclusion from manga.

Uh, I wouldn't worry about a record-busting monster hit like Kimetsu no Yaiba not getting a full adaptation. The so-called "rules" just don't apply to it. The way I see it, the only question right now is whether they'll do additional TV seasons or adapt the rest of the manga as a series of movies in order to maximize profits.

I share your worries about Haikyu!!, though.
chocorade

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 7:54 pm Reply with quote
Soulwarfare wrote:
anime-original makes me really scared.

Anime-original stuff are mostly not good

This.

It may be an unpopular-ish opinion, but I quite like TPN's manga with all it's arcs, specially Goldy Pond.

Whatever it is that they are going to change, I'm scared lol Sad
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1