• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
This Week in Games - Full Moon Fever

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kicksville

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 4:14 pm Reply with quote
Tsukihime is better than Fate/Stay Night.
wolf10

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 5:12 pm Reply with quote
Kicksville wrote:
Agreed. It's a shame it never got an anime (though the manga was pretty good). Laughing
TranceLimit174

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 5:34 pm Reply with quote
No question that current events supercede KOF XV's sudden delay. But that said...

That didn't stop SNK from releasing a trailer for KOF XIV Ultimate Edition. And as of now screenshots from the XV trailer have leaked in addition to SamSho's new character.

All this with no explanation is just a bad look from a PR perspective. Whatever big live plans they may have had, they should have just released the trailer. Cause this result wasn't worth holding off for.
Tuor_of_Gondolin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 6:24 pm Reply with quote
Can't say I'm happy about getting a sanitized version of Tsukihime, but I guess that's what they had to do if they wanted it on consoles. It'd be nice if they released an unsanitized version on the PC (its original home), but I don't see that happening.
DRWii

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 6:51 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Yes, the long-in-development remake of Tsukihime, Type-Moon's first visual novel, has finally re-emerged after it was announced almost a decade ago!

It was actually announced in 2008, so that's 13 years. Pretty sure the only longer gap between announcement and release is Duke Nukem Forever.
ZakuConvoy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 8:29 pm Reply with quote
wolf10 wrote:
Kicksville wrote:
Agreed. It's a shame it never got an anime (though the manga was pretty good). Laughing

anime#2938
DRWii

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 8:50 pm Reply with quote
ZakuConvoy wrote:

"Shame it never got an anime" is an old meme among Tsukihime fans. If you see someone say that, there's like a 99.9% chance they know full-well it exists; they just hate it.
OtherSideofSky

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 9:14 pm Reply with quote
Kicksville wrote:

Generally agreed, although I might actually prefer Mahoyo to both.

I'd love to see this lead to 1. a new Melty Blood (although I don't really expect one now that French Bread has UNICLR to focus on; plus, Nasu died back in UNIEL's story mode) and 2. an anime version that has some concept of pacing and doesn't feature 3-frame run cycles.
Horsefellow

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 9:31 pm Reply with quote
SNK is forgiven now after announcing ChamCham.
ThatMoonGuy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:41 am Reply with quote
Kicksville wrote:

Amen.

OtherSideofSky wrote:
Generally agreed, although I might actually prefer Mahoyo to both.

I'd love to see this lead to 1. a new Melty Blood (although I don't really expect one now that French Bread has UNICLR to focus on; plus, Nasu died back in UNIEL's story mode) and 2. an anime version that has some concept of pacing and doesn't feature 3-frame run cycles.

Double amen. Mahoyo is Nasu's best novel work and shows a lot of his evolution in terms of writing and characterization.

My hope is that with Studio BB existing now, Type Moon might choose to adapt Tsukihime to some fashion, maybe even make an inhouse sequel to Melty Blood. It might not be likely since they are more JRPG focused but hope is what it is.

Melty Blood is a pretty unique fighting game and one of my favourites but it never got huge, in part because the character designs in it are pretty animesque but somewhat down to earth so they don't appeal to the fandoms of things like BlazBlue, GG or even KoF or SF. I remember reading a lot of complaints about it being a game with lots of 'anime schoogirls' which isn't even completely unfair as a criticism but still rubs me the wrong way.[/quote]
maximilianjenus

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2021 12:30 pm Reply with quote
it was a super weird event.
the trailer just got postponed a few hours.

when you started talking about melty blood i tought you were going to post the picture of the capitol guys who started playing melty blood there.
FilthyCasual

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2021 1:47 pm Reply with quote
maximilianjenus wrote:
it was a super weird event.
the trailer just got postponed a few hours.

when you started talking about melty blood i tought you were going to post the picture of the capitol guys who started playing melty blood there.
That was just a meme, no one actually played Melty there.
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2021 4:16 pm Reply with quote
TranceLimit174 wrote:

All this with no explanation is just a bad look from a PR perspective.

Only to the people with first world problems. In the video game industry things get delayed all the time and almost no one in the public knows the official reason as studios almost never give them beyond "we need more time to polish and fine tune" before launch. Which ends up half the time with said game clearly being not polished or optimized before getting shipped out the door.
Stampeed Valkyrie

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2021 6:29 pm Reply with quote
2020 actually was good for something.. announcing Tsukihime inbound 2021.. Are we finally going to get a route for Satsuki?

And yes it feels good to be looking forward to something other then Fate/Dead Horse from Type-Moon.

As for Melty Bood, I think I have every version ever released up to and including Actress Again Current Code. I can tell you a funny story about a distribution negotiation that was going late into the night and was saved by me having a copy of Re-Act on my company lappy with the other company president being a huge fan of the franchise it helped seal the deal... good times.

As for the Anime.. say what you want, but it had a pretty decent orchestral soundtrack and probably to this day one of the best OPs I have ever seen for an anime.
DavetheUsher

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2021 12:31 am Reply with quote
BadNewsBlues wrote:
Only to the people with first world problems. In the video game industry things get delayed all the time and almost no one in the public knows the official reason as studios almost never give them beyond "we need more time to polish and fine tune" before launch. Which ends up half the time with said game clearly being not polished or optimized before getting shipped out the door.

Nothing wrong with getting upset as something you're looking forward to being delayed, especially in these trying times. Escapism and confort media are important right now. Video games are kinda a first world luxury to begin with so yeah it kinda is "first world problems". I expect more delay announcements with Japan's new lockdown, though
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2