• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Manga Sutra/Futari H Manga Goes on Hiatus Until April Due to Author's Surgery

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wolf10

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2021 7:49 am Reply with quote
I was actually looking forward to the latest chapter of 3 Partner Hajimemashita!! that would have come out this month. May his recovery be swift and problem-free.

He updated his blog (NSFW warning: he posts softcore) with details. It was cancer, but they caught it early and removed it (along with 1/3 of his throat and stomach Sad ). He's alive, healthy, recovering, and already able to walk (like a baby, he says). He advises everyone to get checked for cancer.
Akcoll99

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:43 pm Reply with quote
Footnote to the info at the end of the article. "Manga Sutra" IS Futari H. That was the title TOKYOPOP called it when they released it in the US. They released the first ten volumes in five 2-in-1 volumes. I believe they only licensed the first 10 volumes as a "let's see how this does" scenario. No more were released after that.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1