• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Redo of Healer Official Twitter Account Issues Content Warning

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nick4x

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:56 pm Reply with quote
This is actually really useful information to me. Reading the synopsis made me think this series was going to be more of "Healer goes back in time and saves the world, proving healers are more than just support characters." But now I'm seeing images of twisted faces filled with malice and phrases like "revenge fantasy" with "extreme violence" which... isn't for me.

I'm not going to hate on anyone else that would enjoy such a series, of course. It's all down to personal taste.

------------------------------
Quote:
[Pre-emptive warning: Anime News Network welcomes and encouraged discussion of this anime and even the social issues that it touches upon. However rape is never an acceptable punishment and we will not tolerate any posts that even remotely suggest that it is. Furthermore we will not tolerate posts that take glee in the controversy that this show is likely to cause, nor will we tolerate any posts that appear to be trollish or baiting in nature. Finally, we ask that all posters be considerate of those who may read these threads and have past traumatic experiences. Failure to abide by this will result in immediate and permanent removal from our community. -t]
PonSquared

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 3:10 pm Reply with quote
Yes, very useful. Now I won't be watching the first episode with my kids. Thanks.
Sharinganhokage

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 3:22 pm Reply with quote
This is a very good sign. There's going to be two versions and they're already warning everyone about the content. Been reading the manga so I know how wild it gets. I'm praying they undo the censorship decisions the manga made too. I'll buy the Bluray if they go all the way with this! VERY EXCITED!
BlackPoint.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 3:27 pm Reply with quote
Sharinganhokage wrote:
This is a very good sign. There's going to be two versions and they're already warning everyone about the content. Been reading the manga so I know how wild it gets. I'm praying they undo the censorship decisions the manga made too. I'll buy the Bluray if they go all the way with this! VERY EXCITED!

Well the one that AT-X aired the 1st is fully uncensored, how much more into extreme they will go welp thats up to be seen.
Blanchimont

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 3:29 pm Reply with quote
The story is good, but the content warning is indeed appropriate...
Sakagami Tomoyo

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:10 pm Reply with quote
Sharinganhokage wrote:
I'm praying they undo the censorship decisions the manga made too.

I wouldn't get my hopes up; it's practically unheard of for an anime to tone things down less than the manga or novel.
all-tsun-and-no-dere
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:47 pm Reply with quote
While I think issue content warnings is a good idea overall, I wish this one had been a bit more specific. It's not just extreme violence, but extreme sexual violence, which is an especially common trigger.
Key

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:58 pm Reply with quote
Sakagami Tomoyo wrote:
I wouldn't get my hopes up; it's practically unheard of for an anime to tone things down less than the manga or novel.

Not true. Even if you discount cases where VNs had their ero content stripped for anime form, the anime version toning things down, rather than up, is more the norm.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Finny-chan

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:59 pm Reply with quote
Wonder if Funi will cancel like they did with Ishuzoku Reviewers? While that series was just consensual sex with girls from different species and reviewing them (I've only seen 3 episodes it was okay I plan on finishing watching this) this is actual triggering material for some people out there so it would be weird to me if they kept this series if it gets as bad as what I've been reading about. I haven't really gotten spoiled though I'm just curious to how low this edgelord will stoop to get his revenge.

fansubs probably have uncensored version anyways cause Funi got the censored version.
maximilianjenus

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:06 pm Reply with quote
Key wrote:
Sakagami Tomoyo wrote:

Not true. Even if you discount cases where VNs had their ero content stripped for anime form, the anime version toning things down, rather than up, is more the norm.

You are correct, while I am not watchign the show, an acquaitance is an he is practically providing summaries; the anime takes the sexual stuff further than the magna, though it seems to have toned down the violence, but that is based in only one episode.
all-tsun-and-no-dere
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:19 pm Reply with quote
Finny-chan wrote:
Wonder if Funi will cancel like they did with Ishuzoku Reviewers? While that series was just consensual sex with girls from different species and reviewing them (I've only seen 3 episodes it was okay I plan on finishing watching this) this is actual triggering material for some people out there so it would be weird to me if they kept this series if it gets as bad as what I've been reading about. I haven't really gotten spoiled though I'm just curious to how low this edgelord will stoop to get his revenge.

fansubs probably have uncensored version anyways cause Funi got the censored version.

It's Sentai. Totally different company.
Sakagami Tomoyo

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:32 pm Reply with quote
Key wrote:
Sakagami Tomoyo wrote:

That's... exactly what I said.
Rob19ny

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2021 2:47 am Reply with quote
And so it begins. Parents will still file a complaint because their child watched an episode late at night when they should be sleeping.
Nordhmmer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2021 3:50 am Reply with quote
Key wrote:
Sakagami Tomoyo wrote:

Well we'll know come episodes 2 & 3 whether the anime adaption of Redo tries to tone things down. Going by the anime's opening, the one thing that may toned down is the underage non-consensual/consensual sex.
Stelman257

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2021 6:16 am Reply with quote
Finny-chan wrote:
Wonder if Funi will cancel like they did with Ishuzoku Reviewers?

FUNi didn’t license it. They have seemingly learned their lesson and haven’t touched this show with a 100 foot pole. Sentai have licensed it, and time will tell how they handle it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2