• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: One Piece

Goto page Previous    Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Replica_Rabbit

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2020 3:05 pm Reply with quote
jr240483 wrote:
but my real question is how is momonoskue not like the rest of wano considering his devil fruit is a smile fruit as well!?

Momonosuke ate an Artificial Devil Fruit created by Vegapunk, his draw back is he can't control him transformation. While the SMILES are created by Caesar Clown. If I was Kaido, I would ask for my money back, the success rate is only 10% and most of the time the power the person gain from the SMILES are lame and unuseful. Caesar Clown and Doflamingo rip off Kaido so badly.
Grant D Clown
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:51 pm Reply with quote
cfalcon wrote:
Also, props to Grant for how his episode reviews have really come into their own! They feel richer and elaborate more on his analysis of each episode. Smile

I appreciate that! I love talking about media, especially One Piece, and I know I can ramble on if I'm not careful. I'm trying to strike a balance between keeping these punchy/brisk to read while also doing the more in-depth analysis I personally love.
Top Gun

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2020 11:21 pm Reply with quote
Okay, the big fake-out with Hyogoro legitimately cracked me up. Very Happy
ETX

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 1:11 am Reply with quote
Is it just me, or lately has the past few One Piece episode reviews slowly become more of a synopsis of the episode itself?
chex mix

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 6:21 pm Reply with quote
ETX wrote:
Is it just me, or lately has the past few One Piece episode reviews slowly become more of a synopsis of the episode itself?

I think it's because nothing has happened in the episodes. There's only so much analysis you can give for "Big Mom still wants oshiruko." The prison arc stalled badly enough in the manga, in the anime it's unwatchable. Once we get out of the prison hopefully there will be things to actually analyze again.
Grant D Clown
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2020 9:54 am Reply with quote
ETX wrote:

chex mix wrote:
ETX wrote:

I think it's because nothing has happened in the episodes. There's only so much analysis you can give for "Big Mom still wants oshiruko." The prison arc stalled badly enough in the manga, in the anime it's unwatchable. Once we get out of the prison hopefully there will be things to actually analyze again.

...pretty much this, yeah. There was a lot occurring but not a lot happening, if that makes sense. Wano is also a busy arc with a lot of moving parts, and trying to keep track of everything has become a challenge.
Wandering Samurai

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2020 2:24 am Reply with quote
I would like to point out in the review for episode number 952, this character is mentioned three times in the first paragraph. All three times his name is missing a letter at the end. The correct name should be Yasuie with an "e"

Thanks
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
jr240483

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2020 6:55 am Reply with quote
Grant D Clown wrote:
ETX wrote:

chex mix wrote:
ETX wrote:

...pretty much this, yeah. There was a lot occurring but not a lot happening, if that makes sense. Wano is also a busy arc with a lot of moving parts, and trying to keep track of everything has become a challenge.

not really in this week's case! considering how tama's power tamed that elephant smile user, a lot of those in crunchyroll's youtube channel are immediately calling her FAR MORE OP than the 4 emperors!

i mean can those powers of her's ACTUALLY AFFECT ZOAN TYPES LIKE GOD FORBID ROB LUCCI OR EVEN KAIDO?

smile users with independent animal parts are one thing, BUT ACTUAL ZOAN TYPES LIKE KAIDO WOULD SERIOUSLY MAKE HER POWERS OP AS HELL!!!

though i can easily see those things affecting chopper cause he was born a reindeer!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
MasterKingJC

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 3:59 pm Reply with quote
I've been waiting patiently for this review, Grant. You nailed everything I loved about it and how it perfectly adapts and even exceeds the source material!

It's not hyperbolic to say this is the best episode in the entire anime, at least from a directorial view. Megumi Ishitani is Toei's star pupil at the moment and I can't wait to see what else she brings to One Piece in the future.
jr240483

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2021 11:38 pm Reply with quote
MasterKingJC wrote:
I've been waiting patiently for this review, Grant. You nailed everything I loved about it and how it perfectly adapts and even exceeds the source material!

It's not hyperbolic to say this is the best episode in the entire anime, at least from a directorial view. Megumi Ishitani is Toei's star pupil at the moment and I can't wait to see what else she brings to One Piece in the future.

but there was one thing the writer made a boo boo!

BUGGY NEVER FIGHT THE NAVY! HE RAN LIKE HELL!!!!!

it was only the other warlords that stood their ground!

though the real question is how is coby expecting to deal with boa? HE ISNT LUFFY!

not to mention that this whole thing involving sabo & alabasta doesnt smell right!

this has the 5 elders & their hidden king emu written all over it considering that he had vivi's picture as well as luffy and shirahoshi cut up in multiple pieces during the ending of the reviere arc!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Grant D Clown
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2021 6:48 pm Reply with quote
MasterKingJC wrote:

Thanks so much! It was a delight, even as someone who has only been in the fandom for a few years it felt like a celebration of One Piece.

I totally missed the memo on Megumi Ishitani taking over as director and WOW she very much left an impression. With her at the helm it's easy to see the One Piece anime is in good hands (not like it was in bad hands before but you know what I mean).
jr240483

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:38 pm Reply with quote
Grant D Clown wrote:
MasterKingJC wrote:

Thanks so much! It was a delight, even as someone who has only been in the fandom for a few years it felt like a celebration of One Piece.

I totally missed the memo on Megumi Ishitani taking over as director and WOW she very much left an impression. With her at the helm it's easy to see the One Piece anime is in good hands (not like it was in bad hands before but you know what I mean).

along as it dont run under the filler hell cause not even she can make OP fillers good enough. its not boku no hero academia after all!

Quote:

We also got a shot of baby Shanks and baby Buggy D Clown, and that's all you need for a good episode of anime, folks.

HOLD ON!? since when in the hell was buggy ever revealed to be a descendant of D?

sure its fact that he's red hair's brother , but i have yet to see any chapter in the manga where it was revealed that he was ALSO A D AS WELL!!!!!
Grant D Clown
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 9:46 pm Reply with quote
jr240483 wrote:
Grant D Clown wrote:
MasterKingJC wrote:

along as it dont run under the filler hell cause not even she can make OP fillers good enough. its not boku no hero academia after all!

Quote:

We also got a shot of baby Shanks and baby Buggy D Clown, and that's all you need for a good episode of anime, folks.

HOLD ON!? since when in the hell was buggy ever revealed to be a descendant of D?

sure its fact that he's red hair's brother , but i have yet to see any chapter in the manga where it was revealed that he was ALSO A D AS WELL!!!!!

He isn't a confirmed D, I just call him that jokingly after his stellar performance at Impel Down Laughing
jr240483

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2021 2:55 pm Reply with quote
HAHAHAHA!

CANT ARGUE WITH THAT!

also this ep forgot another important info. one of orochi's relatives that he met revealed that she had the clone clone fruit!

nothing can ever come good from that! a queer man like bon clay is one thing, but an exiled clan itching for revenge with that thing is TROUBLE WITH A CAPITAL T!
Top Gun

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 12:50 am Reply with quote
Grant gushing over this flashback is exactly how I feel right now. I have watched this series for going on 15 years at this point, and I'm not sure I can think of another moment I've enjoyed as much as what's going on right now. And it's crazy on the face of it, because this has interrupted some truly momentous events in the present day, but at this point I've almost forgotten that there's an imminent assault on Kaido that's apparently gone horribly wrong, because what we're seeing instead is so compelling. As Grant said, these are events that have been built up over two decades' worth of storytelling, and finally getting the chance to see them played out is incredible. I'm so, so grateful that the powers that be made those major production changes at the start of Wano, because since then the anime has grown into a visual treat that does full justice to the source material.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 40 of 48