• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Tai Ari Deshita. ~Ojо̄-sama wa Kakutо̄ Game Nante Shinai~ Game-Playing Schoolgirl Manga Gets A

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MFrontier

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2021 1:09 pm Reply with quote
Cute girls playing fighting games? Sounds fun.
WANNFH

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2021 1:22 pm Reply with quote
MFrontier wrote:
Cute girls playing fighting games? Sounds fun.
Less "cute" and more straight-up shoujo-ai, but basically this. Plus a lot of exposition of FG in general.

It's too short to get the anime series, cause it's only around 10 chapters by now. Probably OVA?
Kitsu Kyouno

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:45 pm Reply with quote
Its so strange that receive anime so fast, it is possible that it has been very successful and they want to rush with an animated adaptation in ova format or shorts? The same thing happened with the novel "The Hero King, Reincarnated to Master Martial Arts"

there is little bit material to adapt I don't understand why they don't adapt another yuri/shoujo ai manga with more chapters if right now they have a more interest in yuri/shoujo ai series. A anime with 12 episodes has more relevance than just a few ova's or shorts Sad
Tenebrae

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2021 5:27 pm Reply with quote
Well that was fast... I've been following the manga in certain parts of the internet, and have been really enjoying it. I wouldn't really bill it as full-on yuri series by what's out so far, though the vibes are certainly there. Its more about a bunch of girls heavily obsessing over fighting games (in secret, in an all-girls school&dorm with rather strict rules that certainly don't allow for console games on the premises). And by games I mean they're really just competing in "Iron Senpai 4" all the time.
Ashen Phoenix

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2021 9:31 pm Reply with quote
As someone who used to play Smash Bros. like no tomorrow, I'm all for more series that star gamer girls. Curious about it being so new; if the anime will be an OVA or short as others have speculated.
maximilianjenus

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:31 pm Reply with quote
GAY GIRLS PLAYING GAY GAMES

Teh real question is, will they play sf with animu game graphics or will they play guilty gear?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1