• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: The Titan's Bride Anime Gets English Dub

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Animechic420

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2021 9:53 am Reply with quote
While they’re at it, why don’t they dub Fire in his Fingertips, too?
BlueRex666

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2021 12:01 pm Reply with quote
Animechic420 wrote:

Might as well do a lot of the ComicFesta Anime catalog. Thought definetly Fire in his Fingertips.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2021 1:15 pm Reply with quote
I'm really hoping that this is going to go well and not the way of interspecies reviewers.
BlueRex666

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2021 1:42 pm Reply with quote
#920004 wrote:
I'm really hoping that this is going to go well and not the way of interspecies reviewers.

I get the feeling this is a different scenario. Especially considering this show has been out for a year.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2021 2:08 pm Reply with quote
BlueRex666 wrote:
#920004 wrote:

I get the feeling this is a different scenario. Especially considering this show has been out for a year.

I'm just hoping that the writers know what they're getting themselves into. Otherwise, this is going to end in tears.
MagicPolly

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2021 2:11 pm Reply with quote
#920004 wrote:

Why does everyone feel the need to bring up Interspecies Reviewers every time something sexual gets dubbed or even licenced.

Interspecies Reviewers was a simuldub and the anime was unexpectedly much more sexual compared to the manga, and it got pulled from tv stations even in Japan. The Titan's Bride has been out for 6 months and the manga is even more sexual. The situation is absolutely nothing like it.
BalmungHHQ

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2021 3:04 pm Reply with quote
MagicPolly wrote:
#920004 wrote:

Why does everyone feel the need to bring up Interspecies Reviewers every time something sexual gets dubbed or even licenced.

Seriously, it's becoming very old at this point. Seeing people from all over the internet bringing it up over every little thing is exhausting. I honestly can't get over how so many of those people don't actually research the industry and circumstances of whatever they're talking about, but just name-drop the title of IR as if it actually means anything. Interspecies Reviewers wasn't made to become these people's scapegoat.

Anyway, regarding Titan's Bride, this is great news. I'm so happy to finally see someone take on the challenge of adapting one of these ComicFesta anime, and can only hope more come in the future. The English anime market has been sorely missing out on these.

Last edited by BalmungHHQ on Mon Jan 25, 2021 3:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Zendervai

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2021 3:04 pm Reply with quote
MagicPolly wrote:
#920004 wrote:

Interspecies Reviewers was a simuldub and the anime was unexpectedly much more sexual compared to the manga, and it got pulled from tv stations even in Japan. The Titan's Bride has been out for 6 months and the manga is even more sexual. The situation is absolutely nothing like it.

Pretty much, yeah. Interspecies Reviewers was actively misleading in the advertising and run-up to it, to the point that people in Japan were like "nope, not airing this". The fact that the producers of that show were obviously and actively misleading people about the level of the content means that it's kind of its own thing and it doesn't properly map onto any other situations.

In this case, everyone knows exactly what is going on and there's no surprises.
InuNaruPokeAlchemist

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2021 6:21 pm Reply with quote
BlueRex666 wrote:
Animechic420 wrote:

Might as well do a lot of the ComicFesta Anime catalog. Thought definetly Fire in his Fingertips.

Oh 100% this.
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2021 1:36 am Reply with quote
MagicPolly wrote:

Yeah it's like are people unaware that there's been plenty of hentai anime that's been licensed and dubbed long before IR came out without any issue? Media Blasters even has an entire line devoted to hentai anime. Having said that, I am surprised Titan's Bride is getting a dub of all things as it seems like even with a lot of mainstream non-hentai BL anime it's kind of a 50/50 toss up if they get dubbed or not and I thought they would pass on dubbing it given how short the episodes are.
BlueRex666

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2021 7:53 pm Reply with quote
Cardcaptor Takato wrote:
Yeah it's like are people unaware that there's been plenty of hentai anime that's been licensed and dubbed long before IR came out without any issue? Media Blasters even has an entire line devoted to hentai anime. Having said that, I am surprised Titan's Bride is getting a dub of all things as it seems like even with a lot of mainstream non-hentai BL anime it's kind of a 50/50 toss up if they get dubbed or not and I thought they would pass on dubbing it given how short the episodes are.

Maybe dubbing short form episodes has an untapped market? Only other show I can think of that similarly got dubbed was Mouse, and even that clocked in a 15 minutes if I remember. Even if the think this is a story worth dubbing for themes of real life gay couples, I think Papa Datte, Shitai would be more worth dubbing.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1