• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
This Week in Games - Yes Ma'am

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AiddonValentine

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2021 4:14 pm Reply with quote
-Resident Evil: I mostly wish people would find a different phrase than "Please step on me" considering how utterly pedestrian it is. Also amusing how CAPCOM is now cribbing ideas from Japanese creepypastas for its monster design. However, one other thing needs to be said: CAPCOM, stop with the RE multiplayer games. They don't work, they always flop, enough, stick to RE single player.
Greed1914

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2021 4:29 pm Reply with quote
My main thought with RE verse is that I wonder who the audience for it is? I get that it's an anniversary thing and they aren't charging for it, but that makes it all the more likely that it won't be much more than dumping characters into a death match. Free or not, it seems like resources that could be better used elsewhere.
DRWii

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2021 4:55 pm Reply with quote
AiddonValentine wrote:
I mostly wish people would find a different phrase than "Please step on me" considering how utterly pedestrian it is.

Not sure whether to say "I see what you did there" or "the unintentional ones are always the worst."
TranceLimit174

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2021 5:02 pm Reply with quote
As someone who loved RE7, I'm really bummed that my lack of ownership of a PS5 means I can't experience the "Maiden" demo, which I'm guessing is the equivalent to RE7's "Kitchen" demo; haven't heard about any finger goose chases this time.

Apparently the demo confirms that Lady Dimitrescu spoiler[is Jack Baker's older sister. In the trailer she says "You escaped my little brother's game." Makes sense why she would know who Ethan is.]

RE7 was also all about the grotesque & body horror, but since RE8 is leaning more into the supernatural I think sex comes with the territory.

I have been dying for news about Bayonetta 3. I also want to see more of / am really excited for Project G.G. AKA "Not Ultraman" the video game.

As far as KOF XV is concerned, SNK deserves a lot of praise for listening to fans' criticisms & responding with a much improved trailer. It's a good sign of things to come.

Heidi wrote:
With Meitenkun on the roster, will the KoFXIV protagonist team's third member -- longtime Fatal Fury face Tung Fu Rue – return to the fray as well, or will he be replaced? KoF isn't shy about changing its roster, and there are bound to be a couple new faces, so… place your bets!

My money is on Benimaru. And if that's the case, does that mean they are labeled as the new Heroes Team instead of Team China?
ExaggeratedReality

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2021 5:21 pm Reply with quote
TranceLimit174 wrote:

Apparently the demo confirms that Lady Dimitrescu spoiler[is Jack Baker's older sister. In the trailer she says "You escaped my little brother's game." Makes sense why she would know who Ethan is.]?

This is actually unlikely and she's more than likely referring to spoiler[ Heidelberg as her sibling as we've already gotten the map featured in the trailer and his area is one of the first we will encounter. ]
maximilianjenus

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2021 7:01 pm Reply with quote
TranceLimit174 wrote:
As someone who loved RE7, I'm really bummed that my lack of ownership of a PS5 means I can't experience the "Maiden" demo, which I'm guessing is the equivalent to RE7's "Kitchen" demo; haven't heard about any finger goose chases this time.

Apparently the demo confirms that Lady Dimitrescu spoiler[is Jack Baker's older sister. In the trailer she says "You escaped my little brother's game." Makes sense why she would know who Ethan is.]

RE7 was also all about the grotesque & body horror, but since RE8 is leaning more into the supernatural I think sex comes with the territory.

I have been dying for news about Bayonetta 3. I also want to see more of / am really excited for Project G.G. AKA "Not Ultraman" the video game.

As far as KOF XV is concerned, SNK deserves a lot of praise for listening to fans' criticisms & responding with a much improved trailer. It's a good sign of things to come.

Heidi wrote:
With Meitenkun on the roster, will the KoFXIV protagonist team's third member -- longtime Fatal Fury face Tung Fu Rue – return to the fray as well, or will he be replaced? KoF isn't shy about changing its roster, and there are bound to be a couple new faces, so… place your bets!

My money is on Benimaru. And if that's the case, does that mean they are labeled as the new Heroes Team instead of Team China?

i hope snk pulls a shield hero and says benimaru was the hero all along because he was always part of thw hero team.
AiddonValentine

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2021 9:31 pm Reply with quote
Greed1914 wrote:
My main thought with RE verse is that I wonder who the audience for it is? I get that it's an anniversary thing and they aren't charging for it, but that makes it all the more likely that it won't be much more than dumping characters into a death match. Free or not, it seems like resources that could be better used elsewhere.

I have no idea, especially since stuff like Operation Raccoon City and Outbreak, for all their MASSIVE faults, at least had interesting ideas. Doing a basic death match is so dull.

DRWii wrote:
Not sure whether to say "I see what you did there" or "the unintentional ones are always the worst."

Actually an accident, so serendipity is in effect
KabaKabaFruit

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 12:54 am Reply with quote
AiddonValentine wrote:
-Resident Evil: I mostly wish people would find a different phrase than "Please step on me" considering how utterly pedestrian it is.

This is the Internet you're talking about. They've gone full simp for the Lady Dimitrescu. Even the most simple thought of torture is enough to get their motor running!
cloud8100

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:40 am Reply with quote
People have gone a bit crazy with the tall lady but she seems like a cool character.
gsilver

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 11:50 am Reply with quote
I think that the internet needs to adjust their priorities and stop focusing on the tall and big aspects of the lady, and instead focus on something a bit more important: HER HAT

DAMN.
Themaster20000

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 1:51 pm Reply with quote
I enjoyed RE7 a ton, despite it just being ripping so many horror films (The Texas Chainsaw Massacre,Saw,Blair Witch). Really happy with the direction they're going with this one. I don't get why they keep wasting their time,with these tacked on multiplayer games. They only ones that really worked were the mercenaries coop.
El Hermano

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 4:03 pm Reply with quote
Themaster20000 wrote:
I enjoyed RE7 a ton, despite it just being ripping so many horror films (The Texas Chainsaw Massacre,Saw,Blair Witch). Really happy with the direction they're going with this one. I don't get why they keep wasting their time,with these tacked on multiplayer games. They only ones that really worked were the mercenaries coop.

Because Games as a Service are the popular thing these days and Capcom has always been one to chase the money. I'm convinced the reason the RE3 remake was so stripped down, short, and underwhelming was because they put most of their resources into Resistance. That was clearly the part of that game they wanted to market the most, and still are, at least until this one comes out.

Village just looks like a pseudo-remake of 4 from everything we've seen so far. Hard to really get excited for it, but then I disliked the direction 7 went. I prefer the older style of games.
Gem-Bug

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 4:54 pm Reply with quote
El Hermano wrote:
I'm convinced the reason the RE3 remake was so stripped down, short, and underwhelming was because they put most of their resources into Resistance. That was clearly the part of that game they wanted to market the most, and still are, at least until this one comes out.

From what I've heard, RE3 was in production around the same time as RE2, using their "B team". They did want Resistance to be better than it turned out, I'm sure.
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 6:56 pm Reply with quote
TranceLimit174 wrote:

As far as KOF XV is concerned, SNK deserves a lot of praise for listening to fans' criticisms & responding with a much improved trailer. It's a good sign of things to come.'

So we can assume the Netcode for this game will be better than Samurai Shodown's?

Which would funny if it wasn't.

Greed1914 wrote:
Free or not, it seems like resources that could be better used elsewhere.

Yeah but on what?

We're not getting Dragon's Dogma 2, Onimusha is in limbo, Lost Planet is all but dead, Dead Rising is presumably being reassessed after 4 dropped the ball. Despite how people have asked time and time again we're not getting Legends 3.

AiddonValentine wrote:
They don't work, they always flop, enough, stick to RE single player.

Sticking to Single Player got us the RE3 remake which while it was a good game it felt pretty much like a DLC expansion to the RE2Remake.

El Hermano wrote:

Because Games as a Service are the popular thing these days and Capcom has always been one to chase the money. I'm convinced the reason the RE3 remake was so stripped down, short, and underwhelming was because they put most of their resources into Resistance.

If the RE2 Remake was any indication the problem was they didn't know what to do with the game without making parts of it feel too similar to that game hence why half of the section with the Police Station felt truncated and why Nemesis's encounters are far more limited (which is good).
AiddonValentine

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2021 8:19 pm Reply with quote
BadNewsBlues wrote:

Sticking to Single Player got us the RE3 remake which while it was a good game it felt pretty much like a DLC expansion to the RE2Remake.

...The RE3 remake had a multiplayer component called Resident Evil: Resistance, RE2 was purely single player. Now back to ignoring you for the rest of eternity
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2