• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Moral Relativism of Black Lagoon

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LightningComet

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2021 5:45 pm Reply with quote
Great article. I also really enjoy the anime, although I do think that season two is the weakest of the three almost only because it focuses so much on Rock and Revy and leaves Dutch and Benny out of the picture for the majority of the runtime. I'm also a sucker for the English dub; IMO, Ocean's anime dub quality peaked with this series.

I've been reading the manga from where the anime left off and it's pretty impressive. I'm looking forward to learning more of Dutch's backstory. If only it would be released a bit more quickly so I don't have to reread the entire arc each time... Rolling Eyes
omiya

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2021 6:33 pm Reply with quote
Low resolution but extremely passionate live performance of the OP song, Red Fraction, by Mell: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwdVnYk4b1M
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2021 8:56 am Reply with quote
Quote:
And honestly, one of the best lines I've heard, which summarizes this argument, comes from a 1948 film noir, titled An Act of Murder.

Would it have killed ya to tell us what the line was? (not watching the video to find out. I shouldn't have to.)
ANN_Lynzee
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2021 12:28 pm Reply with quote
^^ What's below the video is literally the script for the video with the edit remarks removed such as "insert clip here."

If you refuse to watch the video that's your choice, but the attitude isn't necessary and this is not the first time I've seen you come in with entitlement about our video content.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Cam0

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2021 4:11 pm Reply with quote
I would have thought that having a text version is there for people who don't want to watch a video and would prefer to read instead. Making the text version inferior seems kinda half-assed and (mildly) frustrating for people who'd prefer to read. I mean I don't personally care whether the text is even there, I'm just saying I understand where Gina is coming from, kinda.

I'm saying this as someone who watched the video, who would always prefer to watch a video and probably would have ignored this altogether if this was just a simple article thingy because I don't like reading. Good video btw.
ANN_Lynzee
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2021 4:24 pm Reply with quote
I put the text version because people in the forums whine about it being a video when I don't even when the content was created with a video in mind. This is then followed with "why didn't you also transcribe this for me I hate videos." when I do. So my tolerance is pretty low.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2021 3:56 am Reply with quote
You're right. I apologize. I won't do it again.
Visulth

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2023 3:05 pm Reply with quote
omiya wrote:
Low resolution but extremely passionate live performance of the OP song, Red Fraction, by Mell: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwdVnYk4b1M

Thanks for the link, this was great.

I enjoyed the article quite a bit too -- just finished a rewatch showing it to some friends who hadn't seen it, and I was surprised with how much more I enjoyed the final arc of the original TV show.

When I first watched it in high school I just remember not enjoying the final arc as much, likely because of its much more muddy philosophy of its protagonists (not that I could have articulated that at the time) and lacking the more simplistic and extravagant earlier arcs, but watching it now as a Fully Formed Adult, I loved it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1