• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: Black Clover

Goto page Previous    Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jdnation

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2020 4:50 pm Reply with quote
That Cap Team battle was a hell of an episode, I gotta say...! Yami's final smash was excellent!
jr240483

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2020 11:46 am Reply with quote
afraid the article reviewer made a typo error. Gaja aka the one with the scar is the guardian of lightning! NOT water!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Key

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2020 12:24 pm Reply with quote
^
More a factual error than a typo.

Since that chart is a picture, I can't easily correct it, so I'll add a note to that effect.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Sharinganhokage

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2020 10:27 am Reply with quote
Episode 157 is scheduled to be the last one of the year. So the next episode will be next year, Jan. 5 2021, with 158 starting after the Time Skip. A week off but understandable the last week of the year and right before we dive into new territory. GET EXCITED!
Engineering Nerd

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 5:24 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, totally agreeing with Theron, Asia’s new design felt a bit overboard to me, I like well-designed buff characters, but Asta’s new looks off proportionally, but that’s up to personal tastes so I will just leave as that.

With our protagonists having displayed their power-ups, I am wondering if the opposition will be even more absurdly powerful to keep up with the power-creep. It’s a common occurrence in shonen works (not always a problem depends on the execution) and let’s see if Black clover can handle it with grace
Zhou-BR

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 5:40 pm Reply with quote
I'm surprised not only by how soon the show went back to adapting the manga (I expected a whole year of filler instead of just nine months, or seven if you discount the break due to the pandemic), but by how fast-paced this week's episode was, covering three whole chapters. At this rate, the anime will catch up with the source material again during the spring season, and once again I wonder if my crazy "Bleach takes over Black Clover's time slot for a year" scenario will materialize.

Also, because I hadn't watched the show for 9 months, only today I found out about the main staff changes starting with episode 153: Kanichi Katou replaced Kazuyuki Fudeyasu as head writer, and Ayataka Tanemura and Tatsuya Yoshihara got promoted to director and chief director respectively.

Last edited by Zhou-BR on Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:28 am; edited 1 time in total
SAG4

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:32 pm Reply with quote
Just a correction, you mistook the member of Dark Triad Dante for Yuno's father named Ciel. They are two different characters.
Zefram

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2021 11:37 am Reply with quote
Zhou-BR wrote:
I'm surprised not only by how soon the show went back to adapting the manga (I expected a whole year of filler instead of just nine months, or seven if you discount the break due to the pandemic), but by how fast-paced this week's episode was, covering three whole chapters. At this rate, the anime will catch up with the source material again during the spring season, and once again I wonder if my crazy "Bleach takes over Black Clover's time slot for a year" scenario will materialize.

Also, because I hadn't watched the show for 9 months, only today I found out about the main staff changes starting with episode 153: Kanichi Katou replaced Kazuyuki Fudeyasu as head writer, and Ayataka Tanemura and Tatsuya Yoshihara got promoted to director and chief director respectively.

The explanation is that apparently this series is ending by end of March. It looks like they are going Fairy Tail rather than Naruto style. Taking 1-2 year breaks while manga catches up instead of non stop fillers.
Zhou-BR

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2021 8:22 pm Reply with quote
Zefram wrote:
The explanation is that apparently this series is ending by end of March. It looks like they are going Fairy Tail rather than Naruto style. Taking 1-2 year breaks while manga catches up instead of non stop fillers.

I know, I did catch the news last week. I hope there are plans to bring the show back once the manga accumulates enough material for an entire season. However, it's been getting harder and harder for the staff to keep the anime from catching up with the source material, since the chapters keep getting shorter (15 pages is the most Tabata can produce per week nowadays), which means even three of them can barely fill an entire episode.
DracoInduperator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2021 7:15 pm Reply with quote
Was anyone else reminded of Highschool DxD where Issei fights Riser Phenex? He talks with his inner Dragon, and sacrifices his arm to it in exchange for great power. Then when he runs out of time right before he can hit the bad guy, he desperately pleads for more power. He even goes so far as offering to sacrifice more of his body but is rejected because he's to weak to handle anymore power. Can't help but wonder if it's a mere coincidence, or if Tabata was inspired by it.
Engineering Nerd

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2021 12:34 pm Reply with quote
I have to say congrats to Theron's guess, according to the usual magazine spoiler/leak, Black Clover production committee will announce they have greenlit a movie
Zefram

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2021 3:07 pm Reply with quote
Unless they plan a series of movies to finish the story (is there any announcement about manga ending?), its going to be like one of Naruto/Bleach movies - a big fancy filler for fans to chew on, while we wait for next series to be announced.

I think the next series will restart maybe in 1 to 2 years, when they decide they have enough head start for another 2 -3 year run with minimal fillers.
jr240483

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 5:43 am Reply with quote
Zefram wrote:
Unless they plan a series of movies to finish the story (is there any announcement about manga ending?), its going to be like one of Naruto/Bleach movies - a big fancy filler for fans to chew on, while we wait for next series to be announced.

I think the next series will restart maybe in 1 to 2 years, when they decide they have enough head start for another 2 -3 year run with minimal fillers.

highly doubt that. considering on how it didn't do well viewershipwise in japan, its very likely it will return via the fairy tail route!

but we will see next week!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
DracoInduperator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2021 11:51 am Reply with quote
Okay so back at the end of the Elf Arc, it was highly implied that Yuno was the reincarnation or descendant of Licht and the Human Princess. Then a few episodes ago it's revealed that Yuno is probably the lost Prince of the Spade Kingdom. And now we're told that Licht's kids actually survived the attack thanks to Nero. So who or what exactly is Yuno? I'm so very confused.
jeckersly

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 3:47 pm Reply with quote
DracoInduperator wrote:
Okay so back at the end of the Elf Arc, it was highly implied that Yuno was the reincarnation or descendant of Licht and the Human Princess. Then a few episodes ago it's revealed that Yuno is probably the lost Prince of the Spade Kingdom. And now we're told that Licht's kids actually survived the attack thanks to Nero. So who or what exactly is Yuno? I'm so very confused.

No, we were told ONE of Lumiel's sister's kids survived, specifically the girl, I think.

They are long since dead, but there are elf-human descendants over the generations.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 24 of 25