• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
GAME: Nioh 2 The Complete Edition

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2021 11:23 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
You can also choose a Guardian Spirit that determines the form and stats of your super-powered Feral form.

Known as Yokai form also tied to the "Yokai Shift" mechanic I mention this because the ability/mechanic has three different types

- Brute
- Feral
- Phantom

Gets kind of redundant.

Quote:
Your Feral form is also a key part of your offensive repertoire. Well-timed use of your Feral form's burst counters and transformations can turn bosses into cakewalks,

Laughs in spoiler[Ryoma Sukuna] I don't know whether this was because of level but considering the Fight withspoiler[ Saito Toshimitsu, in The "Chinese Bellflower Dagger] who you can't really grind up Amrita for easily along with the fact I was overleveled for that fight, I simply chalk those up to the developers getting a little too cute.
BlueAlf

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2021 1:43 am Reply with quote
I'm still playing the first game after it got discounted on Steam recently, but I already have eyes to purchase this one.

If you like it, it's just really that good.

Nice review btw.
ThatMoonGuy

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2021 4:13 am Reply with quote
The original Nioh is easily one of my favourite games from the last few years and everything about this sequel looks like an improvement so I'm extremely excited for it. Nioh has a level of technicality to its gameplay that I really love and together with Ghost of Tsushima and Sekiro they make the divine triad of recent samurai games.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1