• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: Yashahime: Princess Half-Demon

Goto page Previous    Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Roadwarior2

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2021 9:07 pm Reply with quote
Minos_Kurumada wrote:

They tried to pull it off in the beginning, remember the devil cat episode.

You guys probably don't remember because it was both terrible used and abandoned in the next episode.

Episode 6 wasn't so bad, even James wasn't too hard on it. The problem is that they gave up and abandoned giving Setsuna any character development, only to lazily pick the thread back up 13 weeks later.
Waterdragon884

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2021 10:15 am Reply with quote
Maybe the next episode will be better. Shiori will be coming back, the half-demon bat girl who helped Inuyasha’s Tessaiga break barriers. Wonder how she’s grown.
Wolfgirl90

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2021 1:34 pm Reply with quote
There is only one thing in this entire episode that I gave a damn about:

When Moroha was surrounded by fire, she said the F-word. Out loud. In English. It was glorious.

That's it. That's the only praise I have for this episode.
Nom De Plume De Fanboy
Subscriber
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2021 1:58 pm Reply with quote
Wolfgirl90 wrote:

When Moroha was surrounded by fire, she said the F-word. Out loud. In English. It was glorious.

And it was entirely justified.

So, confirmed. Went back and re-watched it. Said with a bit of a Japanese accent, so I guess this counts as a loan word?

Anyway, if this gets a physical release, I hope it survives in it.
Spike Terra
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2021 7:30 pm Reply with quote
Man this episode is really hard to defend... so I enjoyed it. I laughed at most of the stupid jokes and I think this episode gives Hisui and Takechiyo, which is kinda sad. I think I have been conditioned by Gintama to enjoy pointless filler because 9 years ago, I would have hated this episode. Looking forward to the next one though.
Roadwarior2

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2021 9:42 am Reply with quote
Wolfgirl90 wrote:

Lol, she totally did, I didn't notice that at first.

Now what we need is for that just one "f*ck" to be inserted into Stupify by Disturbed.
Waterdragon884

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2021 12:01 pm Reply with quote
Is this series only getting just 24 episodes or Will there be a second season? Feels like a lot more needs to be done. They couldn’t just defeat the main enemy in just 4 more episodes.
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2021 1:12 pm Reply with quote
Waterdragon884 wrote:
Is this series only getting just 24 episodes or Will there be a second season? Feels like a lot more needs to be done. They couldn’t just defeat the main enemy in just 4 more episodes.

Of course they can, and sometime during that time they will accidently free Moroha's parents, that she doesn't care about.

In the second season, almost everyone goes to modern Japan to attend extensive family counseling. Including the grandparents.
Violet Park

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2021 1:56 pm Reply with quote
TarsTarkas wrote:
Waterdragon884 wrote:

Of course they can, and sometime during that time they will accidently free Moroha's parents, that she doesn't care about.

In the second season, almost everyone goes to modern Japan to attend extensive family counseling. Including the grandparents.

Don't forget they'll also free Rin, whose daughters don't give a damn for or even know she is their mom, even though the tree could have told when it gave them that infodump while cosplaying as Kikyo.
Waterdragon884

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2021 6:51 pm Reply with quote
Violet Park wrote:
TarsTarkas wrote:
Waterdragon884 wrote:

Don't forget they'll also free Rin, whose daughters don't give a damn for or even know she is their mom, even though the tree could have told when it gave them that infodump while cosplaying as Kikyo.

I mean that would be too easy, simple and boring.
CrowLia

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2021 7:22 pm Reply with quote
Waterdragon884 wrote:

I mean that would be too easy, simple and boring.

So, exactly like the rest of the show has been Laughing Laughing

This episode was so bad it doesn't even merit talking about. Any halfway competent writer could've made a Setsuna vs Moroha battle into a serious confrontation of their values or goals, with Towa mediating between them, and it could have led to the three girls bonding for real, but even basic competency seems to be too much to ask from this series.
kazenoyume

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2021 3:16 am Reply with quote
Violet Park wrote:

Can't wait for Rin to be unsealed and be basically the same age as her middle-school aged daughters, which is totally weird but the show will pretend it's not.
Roadwarior2

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2021 10:32 am Reply with quote
kazenoyume wrote:

Can't wait for Rin to be unsealed and be basically the same age as her middle-school aged daughters, which is totally weird but the show will pretend it's not.

They don't have to pretend.
All things considered, it really isn't weird.
Might actually be a touching moment if we didn't already know the production staff is incompetent and will probably mess it up somehow.
jr240483

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 7:37 pm Reply with quote
this here is ANOTHER proof why anime classics must never get sequels for it will ruin the whole effort that the original did. its why people were more than happy to brand GT as non canon when super was announced!

remember eureka 7 AO? not to mention UQ HOLDER!?

sure there is outliers like CCS Clear Card, fairy tail 100 yr quest and boruto, BUT THOSE MEDIOCRE series alongside yashahime (which WILL go down as the worst sequel EVER) are the reason why other classics like EVA, bleach, big o, bepop, trigun, outlaw star , Nadisco and others will & MUST NEVER EVER get an anime sequel as a cash grab scheme!

people will rather a remake ala Arslan, SM Crystal, orphen or die nue these over a full blown sequel and turn into a walking disaster in the process!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
crazieanimefan1

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:25 pm Reply with quote
What got me is the fact Shiori spoiler[changes to a human during an eclipse.] Now, like the rest of us, we knew on the new moon changing Inuyasha and Towa. So this means, there's more ways that hanyou can change to humans.

Dogs are more associated to the moon, especially wolves. I'm not aware of bats and eclipses, but it was a rather interesting thing to note.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 22 of 29