• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Nintendo Unveils The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword HD for Switch

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
saber721

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:06 pm Reply with quote
YES! The only console Zelda game I've never played. ('cause I never bothered to get a Wii U) I'll totally be getting it when it comes out.
James02

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:48 pm Reply with quote
saber721 wrote:
YES! The only console Zelda game I've never played. ('cause I never bothered to get a Wii U) I'll totally be getting it when it comes out.

That's not an excuse since it came out on Wii not Wii U.
strawberry_milk

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:18 pm Reply with quote
On one hand, this is good for people who have been wanting to play Skyward Sword but haven't for various reasons.

On the other hand, it's not the best Zelda game and it's certainly not Breath of the Wild 2 so Razz
Saeryen

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:44 pm Reply with quote
I love Zelda. If this is compatible with the handheld Switch I'll definitely get it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Themaster20000

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2021 8:53 pm Reply with quote
Dropped the game after a couple of hours. Just didn't do it for me. Might give it a shot again,since I don't have to be forced to play with the obnoxious motion controls.
Somer-_-

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2021 9:06 pm Reply with quote
It was alright not worth replaying for 60 bucks though.
Top Gun

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2021 9:21 pm Reply with quote
I think a lot of people expected this, but I'm kind of surprised they haven't punted Wind Waker and Twilight Princess HD to Switch. I can't imagine it would be a huge amount of work, and just about everything else on the Wii U of note has made it over.
Tanteikingdomkey

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2021 11:43 pm Reply with quote
This is easily the worst (in the past 20ish years) Zelda game.
so seeing them releasing it again but this time you don't need to use the questionable motion control gimmick for the big anniversary of Zelda is really depressing. Honestly it soured the at best average direct for me as a whole.
FilthyCasual

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 1:01 am Reply with quote
I love seeing my first console Zelda get the TLC it deserves, and I'm gonna be overjoyed to buy it again. Maybe this time I'll get the hang of the harp...
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 3:38 am Reply with quote
Top Gun wrote:
I think a lot of people expected this, but I'm kind of surprised they haven't punted Wind Waker and Twilight Princess HD to Switch. I can't imagine it would be a huge amount of work, and just about everything else on the Wii U of note has made it over.

Except the reason for why most of the WiiU’s library was ported over to the Switch was to give some of those games a second chance since being on the WiiU impacted their sales.

Putting Twilight Princess and Windwaker on the Switch which are ports of GameCube games doesn’t really make much sense.

Tanteikingdomkey wrote:
This is easily the worst (in the past 20ish years) Zelda game.
so seeing them releasing it again but this time you don't need to use the questionable motion control gimmick for the big anniversary of Zelda is really depressing. Honestly it soured the at best average direct for me as a whole.

I know it has a hatedom and while I’ve never played it it can’t be that bad.

Even Windwaker which I dismissed at first glance because of it’s derpy artstyle isn’t that bad.
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 6:33 am Reply with quote
BadNewsBlues wrote:
I know it has a hatedom and while I’ve never played it it can’t be that bad.

Even Windwaker which I dismissed at first glance because of it’s derpy artstyle isn’t that bad.
it's a good game, buried and blocked by stupid design decisions. So it could potentially get fixed.
gsilver

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 11:06 am Reply with quote
I had a rough time with the motion controls on this one, especially since my setup had like about a second of lag in the sword position compared to my movements. I was using a 3rd party light bar, but I dunno if that was the culprit. I've mentioned the lag in a few conversations in the past, and it seems like I'm the only one experiencing it. Other Wii games seemed fine to me, though I generally avoided ones that used motion controls. I literally bought a Wii Motion+ specifically for this game.
Triltaison

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 2:45 pm Reply with quote
gsilver wrote:
I had a rough time with the motion controls on this one

Same. I have carpal tunnel issues and I just couldn't play it for long. I've played and beaten every other console and handheld Zelda (barring the CD-i), but I think I only got through the first dungeon on Skyward Sword because it was absolutely painful to swing around the Wiimote for more than around an hour. I didn't play many motion-controlled specific games, but it was the only one that grated on my joints so badly.

Also, I liked the world but man did I hate that stamina bar. It and the cracking wrist pain kinda killed the gameplay for me.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1