• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Viz to Release Frieren: Beyond Journey's End, Mao, Rozen Blood, Burn the Witch, Animal Crossin

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SouthParkboy

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 3:32 pm Reply with quote
Yes! Finally, Fullmetal Alchemist: A New Beginning is going to be in English! Now I can complete my Fullmetal Alchemist novel collection!!
FireChick
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 3:32 pm Reply with quote
Awesome! The Frieren manga got licensed! I like what I've read so far, so you can bet I'll be buying this!
Romuska
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 3:35 pm Reply with quote
FINALLY! Toriyama’s other works are finally getting released out here!
ab2143

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 4:47 pm Reply with quote
I just love Viz's Junji Ito releases!
Didn't realise Animal Crossing had a manga series. Will be picking both up!! Very Happy
MischievousMelody

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 5:40 pm Reply with quote
#919730 wrote:
I just love Viz's Junji Ito releases!
Didn't realise Animal Crossing had a manga series. Will be picking both up!! Very Happy

If Baka-Updates Manga is to be believed, Animal Crossing has a few manga adaptations. I’m pretty sure this is the first time one is being released in English, though.

In any case, I will be picking this up if I get the chance. Same with the FMA light novel after I buy the FMA light novels I don’t have.
LegitPancake

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 11:14 pm Reply with quote
Wish Viz would at least reprint the old FMA novels, since they're practically impossible to find at a decent price. Or really license more Jump novels in general, preferably outside of the big 4 (One Piece, Naruto, Bleach, My Hero). I don't think that kid in the twitter thread went it the right way of bashing every license Viz announced in order to raise awareness to the JJK novels, but I have to admit it would be nice to have them, as well as Demon Slayer, Promised Neverland, Black Clover, etc. All have novels that literally no other company can license due to the Shueisha/Viz relationship, so Viz not getting them just means they will never come.
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2021 12:35 am Reply with quote
I assume it's likely the case where maybe the Japanese licensors just aren't putting those novels up to be licensed. If Viz could license them they probably would have by now. I'm happy to see more Rumiko Takahashi being brought over.
Donkey-er

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2021 5:16 am Reply with quote
LegitPancake wrote:
Wish Viz would at least reprint the old FMA novels, since they're practically impossible to find at a decent price. Or really license more Jump novels in general, preferably outside of the big 4 (One Piece, Naruto, Bleach, My Hero). I don't think that kid in the twitter thread went it the right way of bashing every license Viz announced in order to raise awareness to the JJK novels, but I have to admit it would be nice to have them, as well as Demon Slayer, Promised Neverland, Black Clover, etc. All have novels that literally no other company can license due to the Shueisha/Viz relationship, so Viz not getting them just means they will never come.

I guess it's relatively expensive for them to have them translated, seeing as (and this is an assumption) fewer people buy the light novel than the original manga. But yeah it's a pity those licenses aren't popping up at other publishers who are willing to make the investment.

Very hyped by all the new licenses, Monster No. 8 is no surprise, but I'm very happy with it. Also, cool they're finally releasing more One Piece stuff. I think it's weird how little they've released for such a massive worldwide hit. And personally happy with the Demon Slayer box set, haven't started the series and was kind of hoping for a box set to be released.
Amethyst Alchemist
Former ANN Editor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:08 pm Reply with quote
There's a typo in the title. "Rozen Blood" should be "Rosen Blood."
GATSU

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 2:46 pm Reply with quote
Anyone know if Go Go Ackman is in the Toriyama collection?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1