• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Landon McDonald Voices Rohan in Thus Spoke Kishibe Rohan OVA's English Dub

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LegitPancake

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 1:20 pm Reply with quote
Also apparently Jojo's Bizarre Adventure Parts 1-3 are leaving Netflix US on March 7 (as well as Hunter x Hunter), despite them just getting the Rohan OVAs and Netflix being the exclusive streaming home for the Stardust Crusaders English dub. So soon both Part 3 and Part 4 dubs will be home video/online purchase exclusive with no streaming options in the US. Crying or Very sad
Greed1914

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 1:21 pm Reply with quote
I'll be curious to see how he sounds in the role. He replaced Vic in Bungo Stray Dogs, but I didn't think he sounded like a vocal match at all, although I think that might have been intentional.
Silver Kirin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 3:50 pm Reply with quote
Coincidentally, this is the first JoJo series to be dubbed into Neutral Spanish and weirdly enough no other JoJo show is available in Netflix Latin-America. At least Rohan is voiced by Irwin Dayaan who has voiced other characters originally portrayed by Takahiro Sakurai like Joe Shimamura from Cyborg 009, Killy from Blame! and Francis F. from Bungo Stray Dogs. I just hope that all the JoJo series get dubbed into Spanish eventually.
Levonr

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 4:36 pm Reply with quote
Greed1914 wrote:
I'll be curious to see how he sounds in the role. He replaced Vic in Bungo Stray Dogs, but I didn't think he sounded like a vocal match at all, although I think that might have been intentional.

I haven't watched Bungo Stray Dogs S3 yet but I just watched Rohan OVA and I thought his tone was similar to Vic. I can't think of a better choice.
iamthevastuniverse

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 7:39 pm Reply with quote
Landon strikes the right balance of emulating Vic's iconic tone to some degree. It's probably the most noteworthy role of his to date so far he's been fairly average in his dubbing career up to this point. I honestly don't think this subject was even worth creating a headline out of for ANN but to each their own.
Stelman257

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 1:11 am Reply with quote
He's Enmu in Demon Slayer so nope he's definitely done bigger and other noteworthy stuff.
MoonPhase1

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 8:08 pm Reply with quote
LegitPancake wrote:
Also apparently Jojo's Bizarre Adventure Parts 1-3 are leaving Netflix US on March 7 (as well as Hunter x Hunter), despite them just getting the Rohan OVAs and Netflix being the exclusive streaming home for the Stardust Crusaders English dub. So soon both Part 3 and Part 4 dubs will be home video/online purchase exclusive with no streaming options in the US. Crying or Very sad

Toonami had the Exclusive rights to Jojo’s Dub but they only have Golden Wind on the Adult Swim App now since the other series have expired.
iamthevastuniverse

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2021 11:29 pm Reply with quote
Stelman257 wrote:
He's Enmu in Demon Slayer so nope he's definitely done bigger and other noteworthy stuff.

I'm very well aware of his roles I was talking in terms of performances not roles he's not been terribly impressive or noteworthy when it comes to his acting ability and vocal range. Rohan is a fairly decent start his performance as Enmu may prove to push him a bit further down the road in terms of his acting ability but he's got a ways to go in my book before he's impressive.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1