Otherside Picnic (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DuskyPredator
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:35 am Reply with quote
Episode 8

Well, that was a bit on the bizarre side. Ninja cats. They were a little less cute with wielding sharp daggers.

Also, the girls bought some sort of random junk while off their faces and had it sent to their patron's house.

And that raccoon, it was rather odd that I too thought it must be a tanuki, but tail don't lie.
Blood-
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:57 am Reply with quote
To tell you the truth, I was kind of ready for a "lighter" episode and ninja cats were just the ticket. Plus it was good to finally meet the gal who is in the OP doing a karate stance. Love the offbeat humour... ordering a tobacco picking machine because it looked like something good to travel in the Otherside with... Laughing
DuskyPredator
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 5:29 am Reply with quote
Episode 9

Just a couple of besties, hugging and repeating each other's name. I was kind of wondering if they would actually do away with the subtext and have someone actually do something already, something clear. Although it was kind of clear when Natsumi talking about being worried that she would have to compete with a beauty, and it did feel like something was pretty much unsaid between her and Akari. Thought that they would kiss.

Is it like a bad stereotype to make of a woman who works as a mechanic, and used to beat up guys from hitting on her friend?

Also, descriptions of Satsuki seem pretty broad, some girls thought she was the best ever, others got a creepy feeling from her that practically sound like the urban legends they are dealing with.
Blood-
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:03 am Reply with quote
Yeah the supposed physical resemblance between Sorawo and Satsuki is interesting. Hmm, I wonder what that portends? I love that the Otherside bleeds into "reality." Just gives the show so many interesting directions to go.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2