• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Kenjiro Tsuda Succeeds Keiji Fujiwara as Takumi Rindō in World Trigger Anime

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Márcio Voltz Jardim

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2021 7:36 am Reply with quote
Kenjiro Tsuda is an experienced voice actor, I'm sure he will be able to deliver a great interpretation.
Zhou-BR

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2021 7:40 am Reply with quote
I'd have gone with Tatsuhisa Suzuki or another seiyuu who sounds closer to Keiji Fujiwara. I think Kenjiro Tsuda's voice is both too distinctive and too different from Fujiwara's, not to mention he was already voicing another character (Koskero) on the show.
Rob19ny

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2021 8:26 am Reply with quote
This isn't the 1st time TsudaKen has taken over for FuijiKei. He voiced Hannes in Shingeki no Kyojin when FujiKei was unavailable.
Psajdak

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:24 am Reply with quote
I don't watch this anime, but to be fair, I can't think of any seiyu who was a voice that really resembles late Keiji Fujiwara - it was that unique, and recognizable.

Similar to how one simply can't replace legendary Daisuke Gori, or Takeshi Aono.

The closest one that, IMO, reminds me of Fujiwara is Hiroaki Hirata, but even then, difference is really obvious.

What with deaths of several amazing seiyu that happened over the years, I realized the best thing to do is simply to accept that they are gone, and to welcome people who (will) replace them.

One of the best examples is Aya Hisakawa who replaced late Hiromi Tsuru as Bulma; while Tsuru will always be legend, and by many THE Bulma voice, when you hear Hisakawa's performance, and remember that she too is a veteran seiyu at this point, and even though one can notice that it is no longer Tsuru voicing Bulma, the way Hisakawa acts, myself at least can't help, but accept her too as another Bulma's voice.

Btw, It is quite possible that Kenjiro Tsuda will take over role of Reno in following Final Fantasy VII installments.
Codeanime93

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2021 2:07 pm Reply with quote
Tsuda succeeded Fujiwara as Hannes in Attack on Titan (even before his death) so it makes sense he succeeded him in another role. Though to me Tsuda sounds nothing like Fujiwara.
ZetMoon80

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2021 3:59 pm Reply with quote
I wonder if he will also succeed Fujiwara as Leorio in Hunter x Hunter in future projects that involve voice acting. I thought Tsuda would be the perfect VA for Tserriednich, but if he voices Leorio it would be awesome too.
MFrontier

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2021 5:41 pm Reply with quote
To be honest I was expecting Hiroaki Hirata to become the de-factor successor for Keiji Fujiwara's roles, I think he filled in for two roles while Fujiwara's was having health problems prior to his death, but Kenjiro Tsuda is a solid choice.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1