• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Sasaki and Miyano GN 1

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MCAL

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 4:55 pm Reply with quote
I think this sums up my feelings as I was reading the first volume myself (Back when before it was officially licensed). I won't deny some things surrounding the synopsis did slightly put me off, but I loved the art style and I'm glad I gave the series the chance, because it's definitely one of the more wholesome things I'm reading right now and I hope the anime adaption can do the story justice.

If I were to pick my favorite moment in the volume it was the end of the fifth chapter wherein Sasaki remembers all the times he was a bit too touchy-feely with Miyano without his consent and pledges to himself to try harder not to do that, which I feel like is very much the statement of intent for the series in general as well and something I really appreciated in retrospect.
Яeverse

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 8:02 pm Reply with quote
I loved it, though it felt (especially in the first few) like it was the authors first time doing a manga and they were just doing whatever until they got some popularity and refined their storytelling and what not for the second portion of the manga.

Have high hopes subsequent entries will have tighter writing.

Cute story overall.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1