• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Attack on Titan Manga Breaks Records With Titan-Sized Print Volume

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chiyosuke

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:12 pm Reply with quote
I feel like an idiot for wanting this lmao
Rob19ny

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:43 pm Reply with quote
LMAO they really made a kyojin manga in order to make a giant killing in the Guinness books. With that said, the lady is cute.
jdnation

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 6:39 pm Reply with quote
Image, Marvel and IDW put out some nice full-size artist editions that actually show you the rough work and pencil and ink art by the artists scanned from collectors of the original sized comic book pages.

This just seems like an additionally blown up version of the comic, but I get that this is just to have a big print for Guinness purposes that goes with the Titan theme, but aside from just an amusing collector's item wouldn't be that interesting.

I wonder if artist editions of manga could be a thing, though given the original work is in black and white, it'd only bee cool to see the raw work of good artists before scanning and clean-up.
raiden18

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 10:55 pm Reply with quote
lol at the "lady for scale" picture. Don't know why I found that as funny as I did.
iamthevastuniverse

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 5:47 am Reply with quote
The right size to possibly bonk my friends on the head with when hanging out. This is a first good luck on breaking the world record moving on.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1