• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: The Devil is a Part-Timer! Anime Gets 2nd Season With Returning Cast

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LegitPancake

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2021 11:24 am Reply with quote
Cmon Kadokawa, now’s the time to announce Konosuba season 3 Crying or Very sad
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2021 11:43 am Reply with quote
I am so happy! I had lost hope that season 2 was going to happen. I really hope Funimation licenses it, dubs it and releases on BD.
Finny-chan

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2021 11:57 am Reply with quote
Blanchimont wrote:
Best news! Didn't expect this, though it still won't be enough to cover the later parts where action shifts largely to spoiler[Ente Isla] unless they rush it.

Also, Chiho best girl! Smile spoiler[Congratulations on winning your man!] (ending spoiler)

spoiler[I'm still shook I was expecting Emilia to to get the man since she was the main love interest. Chiho is best girl I love her so much I wonder if they will animate the rest of the LN?

Haters gonna hate though I will drink those salty tears.
]

This is a pleasant surprise though since its been years I'm totally watching this its one of my favorite anime! I only read the first couple chapters of volume 4 so I know how the anime will start out. Now the only thing is if its one or two cour.

I know this isn't a Kadokawa anime, but if Part-Timer is getting a second season after all these years why can't Magi A-1 Pictures? Come on my favorite arcs and moments are all there waiting to be animated.
NickPG

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2021 12:09 pm Reply with quote
Finishing the adaption of Ore Monogatari would be a big one for me. And more Wotakoi. And Nozaki-kun. And Oshiete Galko-chan.
njprogfan
Collector Extraordinaire

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2021 12:20 pm Reply with quote
CrypticPurpose wrote:
Mackson wrote:
Now we've got sequels for Mahouka, Log Horizon and Hataraku Maou-sama, what's next? No Game No Life? Grimgar?

Spice & Wolf!!!

As much as I love Devil is a Part-Timer, this would be run out onto the streets screaming at the top of my lungs epic: HELLAYEAH!!!!
Jonny Mendes

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2021 12:32 pm Reply with quote
Mackson wrote:
Now we've got sequels for Mahouka, Log Horizon and Hataraku Maou-sama, what's next? No Game No Life? Grimgar?

So far from "Kadokawa Light Novel Expo" we got:
2nd season of:
Tate no Yūsha no Nariagari (already announced before)
Hataraku Maou-sama!
Maō Gakuin no Futekigōsha ~Shijō Saikyō no Maō no Shiso, Tensei Shite Shison-tachi no Gakkō e Kayō

And the new:
86 (already announced before)
Leadale no Daichi nite (already announced before)
Sabikui Bisuko
Shijō Saikyō no Daimaō, Murabito A ni Tensei Suru or The Greatest Mao Is Reborn to Get Friends

And this is just the first day.

Last edited by Jonny Mendes on Sat Mar 06, 2021 12:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Blanchimont

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2021 12:34 pm Reply with quote
njprogfan wrote:
CrypticPurpose wrote:
Spice & Wolf!!!

As much as I love Devil is a Part-Timer, this would be run out onto the streets screaming at the top of my lungs epic: HELLAYEAH!!!!

Agree it would be nice. Just a shame the first adaptations were so lackluster, they cut whole arcs, rearranged a lot of stuff that was shown and edited other things, like switching the gender of a certain character to make the anime more appealing.

If/when they adapt Wolf & Parchment, I hope they do a better job...
TheMorry

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2021 12:51 pm Reply with quote
Finally is an understatement?
LuckySeven

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2021 12:58 pm Reply with quote
Wow, I just picked up the blu-ray/dvd combo of this recently. Good timing for me. Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime
getumbuck

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2021 1:29 pm Reply with quote
I love this anime so dam much and many of the books as well.
Fluwm

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2021 1:36 pm Reply with quote
Finny-chan wrote:
Blanchimont wrote:
Best news! Didn't expect this, though it still won't be enough to cover the later parts where action shifts largely to spoiler[Ente Isla] unless they rush it.

Also, Chiho best girl! Smile spoiler[Congratulations on winning your man!] (ending spoiler)

spoiler[I'm still shook I was expecting Emilia to to get the man since she was the main love interest. Chiho is best girl I love her so much I wonder if they will animate the rest of the LN?

]

This is a pleasant surprise though since its been years I'm totally watching this its one of my favorite anime! I only read the first couple chapters of volume 4 so I know how the anime will start out. Now the only thing is if its one or two cour.

I know this isn't a Kadokawa anime, but if Part-Timer is getting a second season after all these years why can't Magi A-1 Pictures? Come on my favorite arcs and moments are all there waiting to be animated.

Ahahaha... pretty unpleasant for me. Think y'all just killed my interest in the series, given spoiler[Emilia gets so, so much more development, focus and ship tease than anyone else.]
Finny-chan

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2021 1:52 pm Reply with quote
Fluwm wrote:
Finny-chan wrote:
Blanchimont wrote:

]

Ahahaha... pretty unpleasant for me. Think y'all just killed my interest in the series, given spoiler[Emilia gets so, so much more development, focus and ship tease than anyone else.]

spoiler[There is a chance they will go an anime original ending since a lot of people were disappointed with the ending of the LN and they will use it to boost sales I would be disappointed, but I would understand if they did go that route to appease the fanbase as us Maou x Chiho fans are just a small minority compared to the Maou x Emi fanbase. So if that happens both sides can be happy as both pairing will be technically canon!]

Then again they might not never animate that far though we will just have to see what they do from here on out since the first season only cover the first 3 volumes and we have I think 22?
Jay_Stone

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2021 1:55 pm Reply with quote
Jesus.. everything is possible now Shocked
Kruszer

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2021 2:15 pm Reply with quote
Awesome, I'll take it.
ChrissyC

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2021 3:07 pm Reply with quote
The streaming age might have been the reason they considered a second season. I was a middle schooler when the first season came out, Jesus Christ!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6