• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Date A Live IV Anime Debuts in October With New Studio, Staff

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BlueAlf

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2021 11:46 pm Reply with quote
Awesome news. I personally like the new visuals. It seems to express more depth of emotion with visuals alone .

Dammit. Now I really wanna watch Date A Bullet.
kyokun47

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 12:03 am Reply with quote
Villain-chan wrote:
Albion Hero wrote:
Surprising to see so many people liking this new art given it looks nothing like the Tsunako art, which was the whole appeal of the franchise in the first place. It looks like some shoujo thing now. I'll still watch since I love Date a Live but its a huge step down from S3 art wise.
AGREED! I saw that visual and am like "oh no, its another DxD sitch again!" (Art looks nothing liek the chars though in DxD's case they used the art FROM the VN instead of the OG art the anime used which made for the new look the anime had based off the VN, Rias look like Akino and while it was ok visual wise, the old art was more detailed and better)

Honestly, this is upsetting and I wish they'd use the actual series' art style -_- here it looks like some cheap Chinese "anime" and it looks BAD. -_-
Personally, I was a huge fan of the redesigns for DxD cause Makoto Uno has such a pedigree within the harem/fanservice genre in general and I've always liked the look of what they make. As for Date A Live, I have no experience with the franchise but I do really love Tsunako's artwork. I think I'm personally just a fan of redesigns in general to spice up a franchise, especially when the last season of the show was advertised with incredibly poor visuals. Date A Bullet had a super attractive look to me from the PVs and the key visuals, but NOCO was also a part of the franchise with the Date A Bullet novels, so I feel like the show is still in great hands. I'm probably going to start watching because of the new designs like how DxD's studio and design changes spurred me to catch up.
GhostD

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 3:35 am Reply with quote
kyokun47 wrote:
]Personally, I was a huge fan of the redesigns for DxD cause Makoto Uno has such a pedigree within the harem/fanservice genre in general and I've always liked the look of what they make. As for Date A Live, I have no experience with the franchise but I do really love Tsunako's artwork. I think I'm personally just a fan of redesigns in general to spice up a franchise, especially when the last season of the show was advertised with incredibly poor visuals. Date A Bullet had a super attractive look to me from the PVs and the key visuals, but NOCO was also a part of the franchise with the Date A Bullet novels, so I feel like the show is still in great hands. I'm probably going to start watching because of the new designs like how DxD's studio and design changes spurred me to catch up.

I think its because season 3 of DAL was poorly received cos the animation was a step down compared to the first 2 seasons but then we got Bullet and people loved it including myself. As for DAnime hyper I liked that Passione faithfully adapted the LN in Hero as opposed to what TNK did for Born but I preferred the old art style. In fact I noticed that some DAnime hyper merch I found online still uses the old art with TNK's animation
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2