• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Kud Wafter Anime Film's Trailer Reveals May 14 Debut in Theaters

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cookiemanstah

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 4:55 am Reply with quote
i wish even though it's a hardcore loli nukige, someone brought the VN over in ENG. Considering how popular Key and LB is, it's weird it wasn't
NikamiYuhara

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 6:36 am Reply with quote
cookiemanstah wrote:
i wish even though it's a hardcore loli nukige, someone brought the VN over in ENG. Considering how popular Key and LB is, it's weird it wasn't

There's a fan translation in progress for Kud Wafter and also for the updated version of Summer Pockets. A shame there may never be official translations though. There are all-ages versions of Kud Wafter they could do as well since they have been moving away from 18+ content.
rizuchan
Collector Extraordinaire

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 9:10 am Reply with quote
I haven't played the VN, but I got my copy of the movie a month or so ago. There really isn't much (physical) fanservice at all. Nothing much saucier than what was already in the TV anime.

I won't say it was a great movie (can a 1 hour adaptation of a 30 hour visual novel ever be?), but it was a really cute return to the Little Busters world. I hope that despite Kud's appearance we can get an all ages version of the VN released officially someday. The new characters are interesting but they don't get a lot of screentime.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 2:01 pm Reply with quote
Hmm my bar isn't set high for this movie but I've been proven wrong before.

On a side note are we ever going to get tomoyo after movie/t.v. series?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
MFrontier

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 4:27 pm Reply with quote
I hope this gets licensed and released eventually.
grooven

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2021 2:10 am Reply with quote
rizuchan wrote:
I haven't played the VN, but I got my copy of the movie a month or so ago. There really isn't much (physical) fanservice at all. Nothing much saucier than what was already in the TV anime.

I won't say it was a great movie (can a 1 hour adaptation of a 30 hour visual novel ever be?), but it was a really cute return to the Little Busters world. I hope that despite Kud's appearance we can get an all ages version of the VN released officially someday. The new characters are interesting but they don't get a lot of screentime.

While I also have the movie too, I have not played the VN yet. But from people that have played it, apparently it's better than the VN and is more of an extension of Kud's route in the original game (which is why you see the majority of the OG cast).

Cecilthedarkknight_234 wrote:
Hmm my bar isn't set high for this movie but I've been proven wrong before.

On a side note are we ever going to get tomoyo after movie/t.v. series?

We have all been waiting! Nothing so far We have had every adaptation except for Summer Pockets (which is having one in the works and I highly expect an April 1st update) and Harmonia. No idea why! Tomoyo After would be liked by many fans of Clannad. But who knows maybe they will crowdfund it next? We can hope!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1