• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 6: Stone Ocean Manga Gets Anime Starring Ai Fairouz

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JeffreySweeney

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2021 8:56 am Reply with quote
Not that I want to shoot down the voice actress they chose for Jolyne, but they should have stuck with Miyuki Sawashiro, but who knows why they decided to go with a different voice actress. I'm guessing it probably had something to do with spending money and Miyuki Sawashiro is too prolific and high cost compared to a newer and younger voice actress who I honestly haven't even heard of until now?
AceLuffy4Ever

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2021 8:56 am Reply with quote
Please let Viz handle the dub and not Netflix, if they can do the Jujutsu Kaisen and Yashahime approach by dubbing the episodes a month after they air in Japan, it will be very nice and please let Kira Buckland voice Jolyne in the dub
KutovoiAnton

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2021 9:04 am Reply with quote
JeffreySweeney wrote:
Not that I want to shoot down the voice actress they chose for Jolyne, but they should have stuck with Miyuki Sawashiro, but who knows why they decided to go with a different voice actress. I'm guessing it probably had something to do with spending money and Miyuki Sawashiro is too prolific and high cost compared to a newer and younger voice actress who I honestly haven't even heard of until now?

Casting for the game was decided trough auditions. Casting for the anime is also decided trough auditions, held by the different people, who doesn't care, who was cast for the game. And auditions are always a gamble. Chances for the same person to take same role twice are rather slim. All other reprisals are more of an accident, than a general rule. Not to mention that voice actor might miss the auditions either due to the schedule issues, illness or some other factors.

Last edited by KutovoiAnton on Sun Apr 04, 2021 9:16 am; edited 1 time in total
cyberdraco

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2021 9:09 am Reply with quote
AceLuffy4Ever wrote:
Please let Viz handle the dub and not Netflix, if they can do the Jujutsu Kaisen and Yashahime approach by dubbing the episodes a month after they air in Japan, it will be very nice and please let Kira Buckland voice Jolyne in the dub

I think it's a good chance that Viz will still get it. Also yes, please get Kira Buckland to voice Jolyne.
Psajdak

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2021 9:15 am Reply with quote
JeffreySweeney wrote:
Not that I want to shoot down the voice actress they chose for Jolyne, but they should have stuck with Miyuki Sawashiro, but who knows why they decided to go with a different voice actress.
I have yet to get into JoJo, but isn't this reboot series that started in 2010s with completely different seiyu from the previous ones, anyway?

They probably wanted to make a fresh start with younger seiyu for this Jolyne young lady too.
Zeino

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2021 9:16 am Reply with quote
JeffreySweeney wrote:

Well, Fairouz-san is a massive fan of JoJo's and got into voice acting in the first place because of her love of it's anime version so... I think she deserves nothing but support from us here.
JeffreySweeney

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2021 9:22 am Reply with quote
KutovoiAnton wrote:
Casting for the game was decided trough auditions. Casting for the anime is also decided trough auditions, held by the different people, who doesn't care, who was cast for the game. And auditions are always a gamble. Chances for the same person to take same role twice are rather slim. All other reprisals are more of an accident, than a general rule. Not to mention that voice actor might miss the auditions either due to the schedule issues, illness or some other factors.

Now that I think about it, it's only really if a new video game comes out after the anime has been out where they'll get the voice actors/actresses from the anime to reprise their roles for the new game.

Zeino wrote:
Well, Fairouz-san is a massive fan of JoJo's and got into voice acting in the first place because of her love of it's anime version so... I think she deserves nothing but support from us here.

Fair enough.
penguintruth

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2021 9:44 am Reply with quote
I wonder what the end theme(s) will be?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
AsuraTheDestructor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2021 9:52 am Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:
I wonder what the end theme(s) will be?

Girls Just Want to Have Fun. Wink
NJ_

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2021 9:53 am Reply with quote
Here Comes a New Challenger?

https://twitter.com/FUNimation/status/1378709530712928261

Not officially confirmed but with their track record of reporting stuff before announcing their licenses (except Edens Zero & maybe Nagatoro), it very well could be.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2021 10:00 am Reply with quote
NJ_ wrote:

Not officially confirmed but with their track record of reporting stuff before announcing their licenses (except Edens Zero & maybe Nagatoro), it very well could be.

eh, back in mid Feb, Nick sent out a request on twitter for more writers for the social media team. then a few weeks later we started getting news articles on anime, games, polls, crossover events, MAL rankings and other stuff. I think the idea here is to be like CR and report on everything. of course, some of the stuff they cover might go to them, but they also reported on the JJK movie and I dont believe they are going to be taking that from CR
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2021 10:03 am Reply with quote
residentgrigo wrote:
Part 7 would be kinda expensive to animate unless they go with CG horses.
If they can't even afford to pay someone to draw pictures of horses, i doubt they can afford to hire an entire team of people to model, texture, rig and animate a horse.
MFrontier

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2021 10:04 am Reply with quote
Awesome! It's finally time to watch Part 6 and meet the female JoJo!

Congrats to Ai Fairouz! I mean, it's hard to top Miyuki Sawashiro, but it's nice to see how far she's come as a seiyuu.
KutovoiAnton wrote:

I think I remember reading the Sound Director telling Daisuke Ono that a producer wanted him to use the same seiyuu as in the games, but he pointedly refused to do so, only making an exception for Ono because he "was" Jotaro.
Zeino wrote:

Wow, she's like a Japanese Kira Buckland.
NJ_ wrote:

I think Funimation still reports major anime news even if they have nothing to do with it (like Crunchyroll), but it would be kind of weird to have a complete dubbing staff overhaul for Part 6.
wjbraden

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2021 10:29 am Reply with quote
NJ_ wrote:
Now comes the question on who gets it here because with what happened with Rohan, there's a good chance it will join Netflix Jail.

I wouldn't be too worried about it, as the OVAs being a separate license were probably extremely expensive and a hassle to get - something only Netflix had the resources to pursue. And re: your later post, pretty sure that's just Funi reporting the news, nothing more. Sure crazy things have happened in the biz lately with titles being snapped up by the competition, but I have full confidence that Viz will pony up whatever it takes to get SO. Jojo's pretty much their most popular ongoing title at this point after all.

AceLuffy4Ever wrote:

Due to how much the Blu ray version differs from the TV one, I don't think a Jojo simuldub is something that will ever happen. Which isn't a big deal, because I'd prefer to see the dub with the finished product from the get-go rather than with the less-than-stellar TV version (especially assuming we get the dub Toonami-style again).

residentgrigo wrote:
This will also be a nice excuse to get 2 or so further Rohan OVAs. Let´s hope.
I also don´t hold out hope for Parts 7 and 8. Both would need a full year of airtime, not that I know when Part 8 will finish, and Part 7 would be kinda expensive to animate unless they go with CG horses. Then we have the niche western setting, the mostly dark tones for both of the Seinen parts and neither are part of the Shounen Jump brand. And who even knows if an anime about killing the US president would cause drama or not... More Rohan is all there is I think.

Part 7 will for sure get an anime. Sure, it will be difficult as you said, but I have no worries about DP pulling it off. It'll probably be split cour and TV version will have some Duwang in it, but the final product will be beautiful, just wait.
HueyLion

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2021 10:36 am Reply with quote
Here it comes!!!

The most Bizzare part of them all for me, and manga readers will know why with
spoiler[ The way Part 6 ends.]
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4