• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: GKIDS' Earwig and the Witch Release Is Same as Version in Japanese Theaters

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aura Ichadora

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:29 am Reply with quote
I'm so glad this was confirmed, so now I don't feel so hesitant over getting the physical copy at some point and not getting the more "complete" version.
Blueno

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 5:15 pm Reply with quote
This unfortunately is not true. I own the Blu Ray version, and run time is the same as HBO Max version. I even went by all the scenes for both versions. The Blu Ray version prolly does have better colors and lighting. But that is it.
Egan Loo

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:56 pm Reply with quote
Blueno wrote:
This unfortunately is not true. I own the Blu Ray version, and run time is the same as HBO Max version. I even went by all the scenes for both versions. The Blu Ray version prolly does have better colors and lighting. But that is it.

What GKIDS is saying is that HBO Max, the Blu-ray Disc, and the Japanese theaters all feature the same cut. According to GKIDS, when the staff promoted the Japanese theatrical version as having some new footage, they meant some new footage compared to the version shown at Cannes (which predates all the other versions).
Blueno

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:00 pm Reply with quote
Egan Loo wrote:
Blueno wrote:

What GKIDS is saying is that HBO Max, the Blu-ray Disc, and the Japanese theaters all feature the same cut. According to GKIDS, when the staff promoted the Japanese theatrical version as having some new footage, they meant some new footage compared to the version shown at Cannes (which predates all the other versions).

OOOOOHHHHH! I see, so we got the complete version from the start. Thanks for letting me know.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1