• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: My Dress-Up Darling Cosplay Manga Listed With TV Anime

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MFrontier

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2021 7:59 pm Reply with quote
My favorite cosplay romcom getting an anime? Awesome!

I hope they can do Marin justice in animation.
tywhoppity

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:06 pm Reply with quote
Is there enough material for a season of anime?(Pun not intended, lol)
Yune Amagiri

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:10 pm Reply with quote
One of the best recent manga romcom, i was expecting an announcement during the current season, it really deserves it Very Happy

#tywhoppity, there are currently 56 chapters with an average length of 20 pages per chapter, the standard length for most anthology, while it depends of the manga, it usually takes 2 chapters for 1 episode, so yes there is enough content for a single cour.
Akcoll99

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:15 pm Reply with quote
Wonderful! I feel like most manga I read either already have an anime adaption or will never get one, so it's exciting to see a series I'm currently reading get picked up. My Dress-Up Darling is incredibly charming and I love both main characters. Can't wait to see them animated.
capt_bunny

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:15 am Reply with quote
I'm excited! I can't wait but also worried about the mini crossdressing arc too..... Not about how they will animate it. Only the reactions and reviews. Too many takes about how what age and genders people should like are often talked about now. :/
ANN_Lynzee
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2021 11:43 pm Reply with quote
capt_bunny wrote:
I'm excited! I can't wait but also worried about the mini crossdressing arc too..... Not about how they will animate it. Only the reactions and reviews. Too many takes about how what age and genders people should like are often talked about now. :/

What does this have to do with Dress-Up Darling? Aren't both characters in high school?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
meruru

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2021 9:42 am Reply with quote
There's a typo in the article. Classmate is misspelled.

Haven't heard of this manga, but sounds like it's probably something I'd like, so nice to hear it's getting an anime.
njprogfan
Collector Extraordinaire

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2021 10:29 am Reply with quote
Enjoyed the first volume very much; looking forward to reading more and watching this animated.
myskaros

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:32 am Reply with quote
octopodpie wrote:
capt_bunny wrote:

What does this have to do with Dress-Up Darling? Aren't both characters in high school?

There is a later arc that involves spoiler[a middle-school girl who wants to crossdress as a male character].
ANN_Lynzee
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:49 am Reply with quote
Oh, I wouldn't consider that an issue at all. I thought from the previous post there was some sort of large age-gap romance in the manga or something.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
borisdrakoni

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:49 am Reply with quote
myskaros wrote:

There is a later arc that involves spoiler[a middle-school girl who wants to crossdress as a male character].

Though in the grand scheme of things, is that really any worse than a first year high school girl cosplaying a character spoiler[from a graphic R18+ eroge?]
myskaros

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:56 am Reply with quote
Yeah, I'm not exactly sure what capt_bunny was concerned about, but when reading their post that was the arc that immediately came to mind.
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2021 12:28 pm Reply with quote
I've never heard of this title to be honest, but I do like the premise. I can sort of relate as I was often the loner male in the home ec room of my high school. My interest was cooking rather than sewing. That might not seem a big deal NOW, but 20 years ago was a different story. Especially in my geographical area. I did learn how to stitch and crochet thanks to the class though.
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2021 1:21 pm Reply with quote
@Psycho 101

I've read the first three volumes that are currently out. Highly recommended for you. Laughing

What passes for fan service is integral to the plot. It is also different from usual and highly effective. Especially spoiler[the chapter where he has to get her measurements.]
Sisyphusson66

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2021 3:34 pm Reply with quote
Very excited for this! This has been one of my favorite manga as of late, and I hope whichever studio gets this does a great job with it. Fun characters geeking out over the hobbies they love with a cute romance element. What more could I want?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2