• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: Fruits Basket the Final

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
eryndel

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2021 5:14 pm Reply with quote
On the subject of the Kung Fu Tea drinks, if you want pearls in your slushes you will have to manually add them as toppings! Unless specified in the drink title/description, you will always need to ask for pearls to be added to your drink.
Oggers

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2021 5:49 pm Reply with quote
Thanks for the review on the Kung Fu Tea Furuba drinks! There's only one Kung Fu Tea in my area and unfortunately they're not selling those ones. Sad
eryndel

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2021 6:08 pm Reply with quote
Oggers wrote:
Thanks for the review on the Kung Fu Tea Furuba drinks! There's only one Kung Fu Tea in my area and unfortunately they're not selling those ones. Sad

Maybe I'm misunderstanding and your store simply doesn't carry the drinks themselves, but for this promotion KFT just renamed three of their preexisting drinks (ie. just Taro Slush, Strawberry Milk Slush, and Mango Green Tea (with mango jelly)). These are fairly common options offered at all KFT locations I've been to.
catandmouse

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2021 7:13 pm Reply with quote
Whoo boy. Furuba has some questionable romances, one of them being the one presented in this episode. Let’s talk about squeak. According to Shigure spoiler[he’s been in love with Akito since she was conceived. Uh, yuck. How tf they managed to raise a functional child is beyond me]
Saeryen

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:05 pm Reply with quote
@KitKat1721

I wholeheartedly agree with all of this!

Also, I did end up trying the Yuki slush and it was GOOD. I didn't try the other ones, but I just like taro a lot. And this helped me find out I had a local Kung Fu Tea, and I'll be going back!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Stelman257

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2021 2:17 am Reply with quote
Yeah I’m kinda confused because it’s been pointed out a lot in these comments that the clan is so widespread and big that these aren’t actual blood relationships, and the last names are almost more of a title than the typical immediate family name. Seems weird the reviewer keeps calling it incest but maybe she’s aware of something I didn’t know?

And very funny to say you won’t spoil Tohru’s “ultimate romantic fate” after literally just writing about the KyoXTohru and YukiXMachi scenes heehee. Anyway, loving the series and where it’s going. So glad to finally be getting payoff on everything Shigure has been doing and hinting at throughout the series. He’s absolutely one of my favourites in the show, and such a great, twisted and interesting antagonist to offset how much more in your face Akito is as one.
Oggers

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:41 pm Reply with quote
Just curious, is the song the students sing at graduation one that's sung in Japanese schools in real life? Because I'm pretty sure the characters in Azumanga Daioh sang a very similar song during their graduation ceremony at the end of the anime.
chrisb
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:42 pm Reply with quote
So... if the Zodiac members can’t be held by the opposite sex how are they... doing it? I guess you don’t have to hold your partner all the time, but I’m assuming at some point they have to get somewhat close that there is a risk of someone turning into a horse or whatever.
A Mystery

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:47 pm Reply with quote
Zodiac members can hug each other. If you don't remember then watch the first episode with Kagura and Kyou.
They cannot hug non zodiac people from the opposite sex.
vonPeterhof

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2021 1:59 am Reply with quote
Oggers wrote:
Just curious, is the song the students sing at graduation one that's sung in Japanese schools in real life? Because I'm pretty sure the characters in Azumanga Daioh sang a very similar song during their graduation ceremony at the end of the anime.

Yes, it’s the exact same song. There are other semi-official graduation songs in Japan (the opening song to last season’s Wonder Egg Priority is one of them), but Aogeba Tōtoshi is probably the most “traditional” one.
Spastic Minnow
Bargain Hunter
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2021 4:09 pm Reply with quote
It's so nice that they are making this series, but this season is going to be a bit of a chore.

The thing about the final chapters of the finished series is that you can speed through them and get the conclusion. But dwelling on everything... Sure, the show has always had its melancholy aspects, but this last part leans so far into it that I feel watching weekly may become a bit of a chore. I mean, this third episode was a typical example of bonding over cruel circumstances but soon enough the cruelty won't be relegated to just flashbacks.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
KitKat1721

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2021 5:18 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
It's hard to mistake your daughter tucking your son in with a blanket for an attempt to suffocate him (!!!) unless you are intentionally looking for reasons to kick her out.

I didn't realize this until I actually went back and looked at the chapter (where he does actually look around the same age as in the anime, but its a lot more blink and you'll miss it I guess), but for some reason, my assumption for years was that Machi's baby brother was still a very young baby at the time rather than a toddler. Since you do have to be a bit more careful with what you put on/over them in a crib while they're sleeping, I could see her awful mother thinking about something like that when in reality Machi just didn’t know. Still not an excuse or anything, but felt at least a bit more possible to misconstrue or maliciously overlook.

Also, Yuki just casually breaking the chalk without even looking up from his paper or making any fuss is such a smooth move. We've seen multiple examples of Kyo being extra intuitive of Tohru's thoughts and feelings (when he could tell she was feeling off, trying to hold herself back, or even what she wanted to shop for on the class trip), so its nice to see Yuki show the same amount of awareness and care towards someone else, but in a very different manner.

As far as the Yuki Fan Club stuff is concerned... eh I'm kinda glad that chapter's closed. I get what they were trying to do here, which I think was pretty sweet: just being in the club itself with everyone else was the real joy, and while Yuki doesn't owe her anything, she still wants to thank him for the role he played in that, etc... But at the end of the day, it was just never one of my favorite comedic side gags, and I can't get quite as invested in the dramatic payoff as the show clearly wants me to.

On a side note, I was pretty impressed they dubbed the graduation song this week, and I thought they did a nice job. That's pretty atypical of a simuldub for a multitude of reasons even under normal circumstances. Sarazanmai and Actors - Songs Connection were the most notable examples, and they were both at least a few weeks behind.
db999

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2021 11:00 am Reply with quote
This episode was really tense and it was so good I ended up watching it twice, first in Japanese and then in English. I really want to point out that the English dub was absolutely fantastic. Especially during the confrontation between Haru, Akito, and Kureno. All three actors knocked that scene out of the park. Especially the way they’re all talking over and interrupting each other, which seems particularly difficult to do, so the actors and voice director should really be applauded.
Zzshcl

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2021 11:11 am Reply with quote
This episode was intense, I like when Haru tell that old lady to shut up, I like Harus guts.

I think the hospital should be sued for letting a patient just leaving so easily hahah

I think Haru didn't understand the situation before because he was a kid (a very carefree one), I mean Rin actions started when he was like 14, so now that he is older, he finally could put an end to her crazy actions. I was surprised to see Rin being so naive when she believed Ren, but I guess she was so desperate that ignored common sense

Since the curse is weakining, now the story is gonna be a roller coaster from now on, and Akito will get way worse since she lost control of zodiac. Actually I'm looking forward to see Akito way madder
JadeDahlia

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2021 1:29 am Reply with quote
Quote:
They have yet to create a hospital strong enough to hold Rin (perhaps they should try putting her room on the second floor?)

There's a horse loose in the hospital. Razz

In all seriousness though, this was a good episode and Rin and Haru are really good together.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 2 of 8