• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Toshiyuki Morikawa, Ai Kayano Join Cast of Platinum End Anime

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cookiemanstah

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2021 4:54 am Reply with quote
I’ve heard some incredibly awful shit about this manga so I’m pretty worried. Given how popular Death Note still is, it’s pretty notable. I also almost never heard of it again sometime after its serialization until it was reaching its end, and what people had to say at said tail end was not pretty
Nodz

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2021 5:39 am Reply with quote
cookiemanstah wrote:
I’ve heard some incredibly awful shit about this manga so I’m pretty worried. Given how popular Death Note still is, it’s pretty notable. I also almost never heard of it again sometime after its serialization until it was reaching its end, and what people had to say at said tail end was not pretty

Do we need to have these kinds of negative comments every time there's a news about this anime? It's a news about the casting of seiyus.
I suggest you wait to see the anime instead of judging according to what you heard.
Saiphaz

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:47 am Reply with quote
Nodz wrote:

Do we need to have these kinds of negative comments every time there's a news about this anime? It's a news about the casting of seiyus.
I suggest you wait to see the anime instead of judging according to what you heard.

To be fair, animating Platinum End out of all manga is a weird choice. I remember how high the hype was for Bakuman, which delivered to some extent. But Platinum End, despite coming from the same people, failed to make any ripples.

It's not bad, but it's not memorable either. At the very least it doesn't do anything that many other battle royale manga, which are dime a dozen, haven't done already. And coming not that long after the legendary trainwreck that was Mirai Nikki, really only served to establish the comparison further.
The Not so Chosen One

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2021 12:00 pm Reply with quote
Nodz wrote:

I've heard pretty bad things about the manga as well, and word of mouth do, will, and can inform about expectations about a product even before it comes out, so if a lot of people trash talk this manga, I don't think it's without merit the fact that we can preemptively judge something for what people already think of it.

Seriously, it's like we can't complain anymore in this site without the need of someone being a sanctimonious, annoying, toxic-positivity person ordering us to shut up or questioning other people's opinions because they aren't the same as theirs. Damn.
Yttrbio

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2021 12:49 pm Reply with quote
Man, life sounds hard for you
Nodz

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2021 3:16 pm Reply with quote
The Not so Chosen One wrote:
Nodz wrote:

I've heard pretty bad things about the manga as well, and word of mouth do, will, and can inform about expectations about a product even before it comes out, so if a lot of people trash talk this manga, I don't think it's without merit the fact that we can preemptively judge something for what people already think of it.

Seriously, it's like we can't complain anymore in this site without the need of someone being a sanctimonious, annoying, toxic-positivity person ordering us to shut up or questioning other people's opinions because they aren't the same as theirs. Damn.

It's okay to complain, but it's like every time there's a news about this manga, someone will post a negative comment even if they didn't read it. I'm not even defending the manga (I read the 6 first volumes and I didn't hate it), but all these annoying toxic-negativity persons are already dooming the anime adaptation.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1