• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Grimoire of Zero Author Kakeru Kobashiri's The Dawn of the Witch Fantasy Light Novels Get TV A

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WANNFH

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2021 12:48 am Reply with quote
So, we got the anime based on the sequel/spinoff to the novels whose own TV series was actually botched extremely hard to the point that they made 12 episodes from just first volume, without the closure or ending of story in sight?

Oh dear lord.
MisaoFan
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:15 am Reply with quote
WANNFH wrote:
So, we got the anime based on the sequel/spinoff to the novels whose own TV series was actually botched extremely hard to the point that they made 12 episodes from just first volume, without the closure or ending of story in sight?

Oh dear lord.

And to top it off, it will get an entirely new studio and staff and from the gist of it, any writer could adapt the series into a 12 episode run covering more than one volume, considering the average 12-episode LN adaptation covers the first three or four volumes depending on the pacing.
LegitPancake

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2021 2:22 pm Reply with quote
Still would be really nice if the Grimoire light novels could get released in English, since the anime only covered one volume.
WANNFH

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2021 3:15 pm Reply with quote
MisaoFan wrote:
And to top it off, it will get an entirely new studio and staff and from the gist of it, any writer could adapt the series into a 12 episode run covering more than one volume, considering the average 12-episode LN adaptation covers the first three or four volumes depending on the pacing.
Well, it's more of a problem that people who actually never read the Grimoire of Zero novels and know the story, go through something close to ViVid Strike all over again. Except it probably will be even worse.
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2021 5:05 pm Reply with quote
I enjoyed the Grimoire of Zero anime though it was far from being perfect but this seems like a random decision since as pointed out they barely covered the source material and it didn't seem like it was that popular. I'm wondering how much of the light novels you'll need to understand this spin off.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1