• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Eromanga Sensei Manga Ends on May 27

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jessasan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2021 2:03 am Reply with quote
That's sad the anime adaptation is really wholesome i really like it I'm hoping for another season too Mad
FlyingOrange

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2021 2:19 am Reply with quote
Interesting that he's ending the manga before the light novel, I wonder what that means for the ln's future and if it'll have the same ending.
ghost47

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2021 4:11 am Reply with quote
So Dark Horse released volume 3 in 2019, nearly 2 years ago. Did they cancel it or something?
cookiemanstah

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2021 5:27 am Reply with quote
if the manga and LN are ending serialization, we need another anime adaptation.

And also, if Redo of Healer can be produced, we can certainly have another season of Eromanga Sensei. People exaggerate how inappropriate it is.
AP24

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2021 5:39 am Reply with quote
FlyingOrange wrote:
Interesting that he's ending the manga before the light novel, I wonder what that means for the ln's future and if it'll have the same ending.

The LN author doesn’t draw the manga. The manga will end at LN Vol 9 story. The manga had good pacing for LN Vol 1-5 story but it then rushed through LN Vol 6-9 story. LN Vol 1-5 were covered in 12-15 chapters each, LN Vol 6 in 7 chapters, LN Vol 7 in 3 chapters and LN Vol 8-9 in 2 chapters each.
LegitPancake

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2021 8:56 am Reply with quote
Yea I think Dark Horse has dropped it. Also what’s the deal with Mob Psycho 100? Volume 6 released Oct 2020, vol 7 Sept 2021? 11 months in between? There are more than 10 volumes left in Japan and yet Dark Horse is just casually taking nearly a year break in between volumes…
TheOtakuX

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:58 am Reply with quote
ghost47 wrote:
So Dark Horse released volume 3 in 2019, nearly 2 years ago. Did they cancel it or something?

Well, that's what Dark Horse does.
Blanchimont

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2021 11:07 am Reply with quote
What I wouldn't give for someone to license both Oreimo and Eromanga Sensei novels...

Granted, Oreimo(novel) is fan-translated, and Eromanga Sensei is currently being fan-translated, but I'd prefer an official choice if possible.

Oreimo's ending was left ambigious, for Eromanga Sensei it isn't set in stone yet, but here's something from the end of volume 9; (WARNING, HUGE SPOILER) spoiler[Sagiri and Masamune confess to each other and get together, later there's discussions about marriage and names for their children, so yes, quite the definitive end unlike Oreimo.] ...that is, if it had ended there, the series is currently up to 12 volumes(fan-translation also up to volume 12).
njprogfan
Collector Extraordinaire

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2021 1:03 pm Reply with quote
LegitPancake wrote:
Yea I think Dark Horse has dropped it.

It's typical. Anything I buy from them tends to not make it to the end, i.e. Ghost Talker's Daydream, Shadow Star, Cannon God Exaxxion and now it's this one. Hopefully with the new administrative change in their manga division things will improve. I hope Rolling Eyes
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1