• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Night Head 2041 Anime's 2nd Teaser Reveals Main Cast

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ryuji-Dono

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2021 7:09 am Reply with quote
Could this air on Netflix?
donhumberto

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:55 am Reply with quote
It does look interesting but boy how I wish it was 2d... anyhow, will check it out for sure
SHD

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2021 10:03 am Reply with quote
This keeps getting better and better. I kind of hoped for Namikawa Daisuke or Nakamura Yuuichi for Naoto, but OnoD is fine as well. (Nobody can match Toyokawa Etsushi anyway, although I suppose this is kind of a reboot so unlike the previous manga adaptations and the terrible Genesis anime they're not trying to use the actors as models.) And the rest of the cast is fine, too, Shimazaki Nobunaga should be a great Naoya. I've read the first chapter of the manga, and it's... well, it's certainly a Night Head adaptation, I wonder how the anime will handle the story.

I continue to be so here for this.
residentgrigo

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:00 pm Reply with quote
Why is Night Head being readapted? What?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
SHD

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:18 pm Reply with quote
residentgrigo wrote:
Why is Night Head being readapted? What?

Why not! It's the 29th anniversary of the show, it's as good a reason as any. But also, this is more of a reboot than a straight adaptation, what with the new characters and all, also going by the first chapter of the manga and the trailer the story is going to be fairly different.

I wonder if they'll re-release the drama and the movie... I haven't been able to watch the movie because it's out of print, but since the novelization has been re-released digitally, perhaps the drama and a movie will get a "hey, remember the '90s? those were some low-budget but fun times, weren't they" type of re-release.
Seiya0890

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 4:20 pm Reply with quote
I bet it will be fujoshi oriented
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1