• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Crunchyroll Games to Release Mitrasphere RPG for iOS, Android

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blanchimont

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 2:17 pm Reply with quote
Whenever I see an English version of a Japanese mobage advertised, usually the first question that pops into mind is, will the time until the inevitable shutdown be measured in years, or months? Well, outside Fate and and Granblue at least.

The visuals are nice so good luck I guess, perhaps this will be the one title to break out of the mold and fight fate...

Edit, The article isn't very clear on it, nor are searches, but does this need central servers? If not, it might be a solid title, and not something you'll eventually lose.
Punch Drunk Marc

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 5:42 pm Reply with quote
Uma Musume when, Crunchyoll?
BlueAlf

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 7:47 pm Reply with quote
I wonder what made them choose this game.
It does look solid tho.
Bisuketto

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 8:05 pm Reply with quote
I hate to say it, but based on prior history I give the game 9-12 months before Crunchy abandons it.
ScruffyKiwi

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 2:26 am Reply with quote
Bisuketto wrote:
I hate to say it, but based on prior history I give the game 9-12 months before Crunchy abandons it.

Prior history? The only other game CrunchyRoll has released is Princess Connect Re:Dive and that is unlikely to finish anytime soon.
Ermat_46

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 5:02 am Reply with quote
They also published games like Grand Alliance, DanMemo and Overlord; all of them dead within a year.
zrnzle500

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 7:27 am Reply with quote
^Well, DanMemo was taken over by another developer, and it is very much not dead. Grand Summoners is still continuing with its co-publisher.

Many of these sorts of games only last so long, regardless of the developer, especially ones tied to specific anime, so I don’t know how much blame can be assigned to their handling of it versus just a fading of interest in the parent property or the game itself, or even the original version of the game shutting down. If anything, the most infamous cases of localizations of these games burning out due to rushed adaptations while the original Japanese versions are still going strong (like Magia Record or the Symphogear game) were done by other companies.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1