• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: Zombie Land Saga Revenge [2021-04-24]

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HannoX

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 4:53 pm Reply with quote
Some legendary drumming by Tae! I liked their lead off song in this concert much more than when they do a J-pop number. Now if only we could have another epic rap battle and I'm not even a rap fan.
Yuvelir

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 4:56 pm Reply with quote
When the pop song started playing I expected crosses, circles, triangles and squares to fly across the screen.
meiam

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 5:20 pm Reply with quote
Covnam wrote:
Now that's what I'm talking about. A rock song to go with the more typical j-pop idol song. This episode was definitely more of what I liked about the 1st season. Too bad the CG dancing hasn't really improved that much :/

Yeah on both count. Honestly the dancing CG is so distracting I'd rather they just go the powerpoint slide route instead.

The iron frill try to pouch a member storyline was pretty boring especially since even if she wanted to join them she obviously can't because she's a zombie.

Loved Tae barely controlling herself from eating the food, really hope the show never go into detail about Tae background and keep her as a zombie, she's more fun this way.
Willo567

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 5:37 pm Reply with quote
Treeborn wrote:
but it was really sad to see her come to the realization that she's going to see people she loved in her pervious live die as long as she's a zombie. I wonder if the other girls will have similar moments throughout the series.

Considering Koutaro's hints about his time limit...[/quote]

Didn't the bartender say that they could continue to live (in a sense) as zombies though?
Yuvelir

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 5:46 pm Reply with quote
meiam wrote:
Loved Tae barely controlling herself from eating the food, really hope the show never go into detail about Tae background and keep her as a zombie, she's more fun this way.

They have many ways to make it fun though: make it so in her previous life she was a hypercompetent and charismatic leader, or leave it at "veteran zombie", or just say she actually isn't a zombie.
FilthyCasual

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 5:51 pm Reply with quote
>insulting Crawling in my Skin

So you've chosen death.
#Synaesthesia

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 11:23 pm Reply with quote
man, I must be the most dense person watching this show 'cause I totally did not pick up any of that Ai/Junko subtext Embarassed but I guess that's why we have these handy reviews!
Agent355

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 2:02 pm Reply with quote
I really don’t like Kotarou—he’s a funny character, and Mamoru Miyano’s performance is incredible, but he’s obnoxious. He does scream at the girls like a drill sergeant, demanding top performances from them, but without giving them any leadership, direction or even useful advice. He brought them back from the dead and does their make-up, but it was his idea that they become idols, and he forces them to figure out the details, for the most part —most of the songwriting and choreography and even many of the bookings. (Also, sidenote, I preferred his “depressed look” in episode 1, long hair suits him).

So while the Junko rock song was incredible, my favorite part of episode 4 was the look on Kotaro’s face after Junko smashed his guitar like a rock goddess badass. He *asked* her to do it, and he got exactly what he deserved!

Pure schadenfreude! Kotaro is so often unnecessarily mean to our girls, and now his precious guitar, sacrificed in the pursuit of rock performance perfection, will be a zombie!

ROCK ON!!!

Other highlights of this season so far was the Saki focused episode (it is really cool and hilarious that they got a real Saga rock star to do a cameo!).
skyhack

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 3:10 pm Reply with quote
Tae-chan, BIG smile in the ED!!
Yuvelir

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 6:15 pm Reply with quote
Wow Lily. This girl workst cool and FAST. In the span of 4 or so minutes, she turned a slow emotional song into a Precure ED, gave all the necessary instructions and fashioned herself a brand new costumes with rags and three cans of paint. And the resulting arrange was flashier and catchier than I could ever imagine! Lily wanted to twinkle and she was very KIRAYABA.
And she somehow lost? Judges definitely weren't playing favourites, no.

As for the kid, really bad vibes from the start: light brown hair, red tie and his name is Light, how am I to trust it? And to top it off things went according to keikaku... and it turns out that despite his shitty personality he has a good head on his shoulders and played fair.

Meanwhile our girl has been all smiles (and some bite) the whole way through and nothing managed to stop her. She even literally stole poor Koutarou's smile (and props for that cute detail with the blackboard: she couldn't reach any higher).
Also, I assume going for rakugo as her performance was a pun?
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 3:29 am Reply with quote
Lily focused episodes again proved to be some of the best.
meiam

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 9:17 am Reply with quote
Really, juggling? The judge picked someone juggling an embarrassingly low number of balls for a talent show? When there was a near perfect mudcarp impression!?
KefkaesqueXIII

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 9:54 am Reply with quote
Yuvelir wrote:
Also, I assume going for rakugo as her performance was a pun?

Rokugou performing Rakugo.

Yeah, I can see that being intentional wordplay.
dm
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 12:37 pm Reply with quote
Thanks, Steve.

I'd completely missed that detail about Lily's hair and ribbon --- that's a pretty sweet and subtle thing for MAPPA to have done. Do you suppose they were taking the piss out of that British member of Parliament (that scene must have gone round-and-round the slack/email chain at MAPPA when it occurred)?
cheshire1501

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 12:50 pm Reply with quote
Arnold924997 wrote:
[ didn't know "transphobes in British parliament" are in the anime itself. Can't you Western journalists be professional and stop bringing up social awareness in your articles? You don't have to remind us about that quoted line, Steve Jones. No need to make a big deal out of Lily's transgender. But we should remind you this: Focus on anime, not politics.

Yeah, because art can't be political Rolling Eyes
(Signed a journalist. Even when working on economics you have to be socially aware. This is not happening in a vacum)
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 2 of 9