• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Netflix Reveals Sailor Moon Eternal Films' English Dub Trailer, Cast

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 7:42 pm Reply with quote
So is that a different actor for Helios? It's hard for me to tell from that one clip. I wasn't expecting a dub trailer this soon. The cast sounds great and I can't wait to finally see one of my favorite arcs finally have a faithful adaptation.
Haterater

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 7:58 pm Reply with quote
Sounded like it might be different, and if so, not surprised given what happened with the original one.

Liked the look of the trailer and VA!
88NickC

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 8:23 pm Reply with quote
Hearing the first 15 seconds of the trailer makes me feel like I'm watching Mighty Morphin Power Rangers.
jppcouto

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 8:53 pm Reply with quote
I'm still the only one who think that Toe Animation invested more budget on One Piece episodes than in this movie?
El Hermano

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 9:08 pm Reply with quote
jppcouto wrote:
I'm still the only one who think that Toe Animation invested more budget on One Piece episodes than in this movie?

To be fair. One Piece has had some pretty bad animation over the years, the quality bump in Wano isn't the norm for the series. Although at the same time I wouldn't really be shocked at Toei putting more resources into a currently airing popular anime over a more obscure adaption of an older series that's aimed at a more niche audience.
iamthevastuniverse

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 9:38 pm Reply with quote
The dub sounds alright I have a very casual interest in these films hell it would of been nice to see the original dub cast take control in a uncut form but that ship has sailed.
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 10:28 pm Reply with quote
I’m so glad they got the Crystal dub cast for the movies instead of using a different cast like they did for Evangelion.
NJ_

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 10:30 pm Reply with quote
jppcouto wrote:

It was confirmed through the movie pamphlets that these films didn't go into production until 2019 (Part 1) & 2020 (Part 2) so yeah, they were rushed and thanks to the virus outbreak last year, they didn't finish Part 2 in time for it's theatrical premiere, thankfully Netflix got the finished version for that film (not sure if Part 1 had any changes though).

Still, the lack of Toei's line filters is annoying to me since it helped their other productions in recent years since late Dragon Ball Super.
1dbad

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 10:41 pm Reply with quote
Glad more of the Viz cast is confirmed to reprise. The dub sounds great! But it's weird they changed Mamoru's nickname to Mamo-chan this late in the game.
prime_pm

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 11:22 pm Reply with quote
TsukasaElkKite wrote:
I’m so glad they got the Crystal dub cast for the movies instead of using a different cast like they did for Evangelion.

Kinda half expected they would honestly. Still upset with the way the later seasons of Saiki-somethingorother turned out.

I did prefer their End of Eva dub though.
MFrontier

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 11:26 pm Reply with quote
1dbad wrote:
Glad more of the Viz cast is confirmed to reprise. The dub sounds great! But it's weird they changed Mamoru's nickname to Mamo-chan this late in the game.

I'm reminded of their dub of Takagi-san season 2 that kept the honorifics intact.
DisneyXAnimefan95

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 1:20 am Reply with quote
Glad to see Kate Higgins return to voice Ami Mizuno/Sailor Mercury since aside from her dubbing work at Studiopolis, I haven't seen her done any new dubbing work at other studios such as Bang Zoom! and VSI Los Angeles.

Lastly while not announced, Barbara Goodson, Cassandra Lee Morris and Laura Post are returning to reprise their roles as Zirconia, CereCere, Queen Nehellenia respectively while Pegasus/Helios English voice is likely voiced by another voice actor and not Chris Niosi due to the Abuse controversies back in July 2019.
kuma991

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 3:38 am Reply with quote
Helios sounds a lot like Y-Chang, a.k.a. Yung-I Chang. He's done some great anime song covers in the past, I really hope this is him now.
Silver Kirin

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 9:47 am Reply with quote
Kinda of wierd hearing al that "dramatic trailer music" for a Sailor Moon movie, I don't remember the original show being this serious.
Btw, the Neutral Spanish dub managed to get all the Crystal cast (which includes most of the original 90s cast) back. Curiously, Luna's original voice actress, Rocio Garcel, is voicing Queen Nehellenia in place of her older sister who voiced her in the orginal (perhaps because her sister, Sylvia, retired from voice acting due to her age some years ago). Rocio didn't came back to voice Luna in Crystal due to health issues but it's nice hearing her again.
Mamo-chan

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 10:35 am Reply with quote
1dbad wrote:

Well, better late than never Smile
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2