• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sentai Filmworks Licenses 6 Princess Principal: Crown Handler Sequel Films

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yuna49

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 1:48 pm Reply with quote
From Sentai's press release linked above:

Quote:
The first part of the six-part series is scheduled to launch on select streaming outlets in Spring 2021.

Are they streaming to theaters first, or distributing it online though, maybe, Amazon again?

The better get on their horses, though. We're already halfway through spring.
xxmsxx

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 3:43 pm Reply with quote
yuna49 wrote:
Are they streaming to theaters first, or distributing it online though, maybe, Amazon again?The better get on their horses, though. We're already halfway through spring.

I think given that spring is already half way through, it will likely be online only.
Lizuka

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 5:50 pm Reply with quote
Awesome, great to hear. Hope it gets dubbed while at it, very fond of the dub for the show.
TheBeron

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 4:17 am Reply with quote
Zen119 wrote:

TheMorry wrote:
Nice! They better give them a dub. Also what about the Girls und Panzer final movies!???

Seconded. Girls und Panzer Das Finale have 3 of 6 parts out now but they got Princess Principal movies licensed instead. Maybe music copyright issues again(like with Katyusha) is preventing the license to happen?

Other than that, I’m still happy that we could see Crown Handler Part 1 soon.

The German publisher KSM has already released the first 2 movies. So I assume there is not a general licencing issue. I rather think they don't want to publish eche movie separate as they only have a length of ~45 min each.
EmperorBrandon
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2021 2:09 pm Reply with quote
yuna49 wrote:
Are they streaming to theaters first, or distributing it online though, maybe, Amazon again?

The first movie went up on Hidive today.
yuna49

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2021 8:38 am Reply with quote
Thanks! Gives me a reason to sign up for a trial subscription. There's little on HIDIVE that I haven't either seen already or have little interest in seeing.

That said, they're not doing a very good job of promoting this property. It doesn't even appear on the main page, including in the "recently added" category.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2