• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
My Hero Academia season 5 page spam

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KutovoiAnton

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 7:07 am Reply with quote
Someone has been adding wrong cast members for the fifth season of MHA
anime#23862

An entire cast for 1-B students are just taken from someone's head. With no sources at all. I'd say at this point it just needs to be completely burned and readded with new, accurate cast info.

Also, BTW, how is it even possible to adda cast memebrs without providing source, since it's a required field?
BigOnAnime
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 8:08 am Reply with quote
If you click on the error buttons, you'll see there is a source, they simply put the letter "N" for all of them, and going down the list, there's around 50 in total. Other things that will display "no source" but if you click on the error button that something is there include "Me", "DVD", and "[none]", the last of which was from when the Encyclopedia didn't require sources once upon a time (I wouldn't entirely discredit the "[none]" no source entries, I've found many to be accurate).

On another note, someone put a questionable thing under English companies, a studio that hadn't been credited in a very long time.
animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/error-report.php?code=AC-280466166
company#795

[Edit]Upon further checking, the same person was not only doing this with seiyuus, but the entirety of the Portuguese version, EVERYTHING has no source except for 1 thing, the fact it's streaming in Brazil via Crunchyroll. This is just ridiculous.
animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/error-report.php?code=AC-1961410149
animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/error-report.php?code=AC-1539449969
animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/error-report.php?code=AC-1101510718

Yet another instance of this nonsense, something absolutely needs to be done to prevent this, like restricting adding of info unless a user has been registered for a certain amount of time. Also users that repeatedly add spam should be banned from adding info entirely.
animenewsnetwork.com/bbs/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3154050
animenewsnetwork.com/bbs/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3161243
animenewsnetwork.com/bbs/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3159322
animenewsnetwork.com/bbs/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3159313
animenewsnetwork.com/bbs/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3161517

[Edit 2]They also added unsourced info here for English and Spanish companies. This info should be removed and readded with an actual source.
animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/error-report.php?code=AC-2387723657
animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/error-report.php?code=AC-2703214016
animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/error-report.php?code=AC-2202173379
animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/error-report.php?code=AC-1213764792
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 5:25 pm Reply with quote
I've informed Dan about this.
Punctual

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 11:32 pm Reply with quote
Not sure if this is the correct threat to talk about it, but lots and lots of infos about brazilian dubbing credits, that are correct, were removed from the encyclopedia without reason.

Most of the dubs in question are dubs produced recently by Funimation. As some of you probably know, Funimation started dubbing anime in spanish and portuguese since the last year.

I'm hear to clarify that all the info that was posted here in these dubs, for shows like My Hero Academia, Steins;Gate, Megalobox: NOMAD (yeah, Funimation is dubbing this show in portuguese and spanish) are correct and accurate, with the few excepctions of the ones that were market with error. Besides that, all of them are correct, and should be reuped again.
Punctual

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 11:42 pm Reply with quote
BigOnAnime wrote:
If you click on the error buttons, you'll see there is a source, they simply put the letter "N" for all of them, and going down the list, there's around 50 in total. Other things that will display "no source" but if you click on the error button that something is there include "Me", "DVD", and "[none]", the last of which was from when the Encyclopedia didn't require sources once upon a time (I wouldn't entirely discredit the "[none]" no source entries, I've found many to be accurate).

On another note, someone put a questionable thing under English companies, a studio that hadn't been credited in a very long time.
animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/error-report.php?code=AC-280466166
company#795

[Edit]Upon further checking, the same person was not only doing this with seiyuus, but the entirety of the Portuguese version, EVERYTHING has no source except for 1 thing, the fact it's streaming in Brazil via Crunchyroll. This is just ridiculous.
animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/error-report.php?code=AC-1961410149
animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/error-report.php?code=AC-1539449969
animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/error-report.php?code=AC-1101510718

Yet another instance of this nonsense, something absolutely needs to be done to prevent this, like restricting adding of info unless a user has been registered for a certain amount of time. Also users that repeatedly add spam should be banned from adding info entirely.
animenewsnetwork.com/bbs/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3161243
animenewsnetwork.com/bbs/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3159322
animenewsnetwork.com/bbs/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3159313
animenewsnetwork.com/bbs/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3161517

[Edit 2]They also added unsourced info here for English and Spanish companies. This info should be removed and readded with an actual source.
animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/error-report.php?code=AC-2387723657
animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/error-report.php?code=AC-2703214016
animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/error-report.php?code=AC-2202173379
animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/error-report.php?code=AC-1213764792

Tempest wrote:
I've informed Dan about this.

About the portuguese dub, I'm here to clarify some stuff:

Funimation is dubbing My Hero Academia into both portuguese and spanish dubs. The information itself is not incorrect and I'm the one who added it to the encyclopedia.

I'm sorry for not crediting the correct sources behind it, but all of the information I've added about brazilian dubs Funimation produced recently are true. Funimation is dubbing a lot of shows in portuguese and spanish now. You can check it in their social media, and also in Dubrasil (the main ADR company they hired for Brazilian dubs) social media too.

If you could fix that, I would be thankful. I apologize for not using correct sources, it looked like spam but it wasn't, the informations are all true, not only about My Hero Academia 5th season (wich is being simuldubbed in portuguese by Funimation, that is a fact), but about many other anime they recently licensed in latin america, like Attack on Titan Final Season and Megalobox: Nomad.

You can see it by looking at here:

https://www.instagram.com/dubrasiloficial/
https://www.instagram.com/funimation_br/

Also other sources, like Dublanet and Dublagem Wiki, wich are trustable Databases for brazilian anime dubs:

http://dublanet.com.br/forum1/forumdisplay.php?74-Dublap%E9dia-Animes-(Anima%E7%F5es-Orientais)
https://dublagem.fandom.com/

All the information I've added is true and accurate. Sorry if looked like spam, but it's not. I really want to apologize about it. I will add the sources since now, and I wanna ask you, if it's possible, to reverse the thing on erasing credits. The informations about the brazilian portuguese dubs are accurate, I swear. The links I've showed you are the actual sources.

And, about the japanese version of Class B characters, I just looked for their previews seiyuu from the preview seasons. Some info were wrong, like Kazuhiko Inoue as Juurouta Shishida, but many others were just added before, and I thought it was fine to add it.
Punctual

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 11:57 pm Reply with quote
Informations for anime series like Steins;Gate, Overlord, Tokyo Ghoul, My Hero Academia, Megalobox: Nomad, The World Ends with You: The Animation, Attack on Titan and others were removed and were many, and they were all accurate in the reality.

Even brazilian dubs of other companies like One Piece, or the recente One Piece movies (Gold and Stampede), or Dr. Stone and others had correct informations removed. In the case of One Piece for example, the correct source would be this link: https://dublagem.fandom.com/wiki/One_Piece

I'm sorry for not crediting the correct sources, I really wanna apologize for that, but the links I've showed you before are the actual sources and the information is all accurate. I was just trying to contribute with the encyclopedia and not making spam. If you guys could reverse the situation about these credits, and add those links (like the brazilian Funimation Instagram page, or the Dublanet link) as the actual sources, I think it would be good.

Anyway, sorry for any trouble. Doing spam was never my intention, I swear.
BigOnAnime
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 9:16 am Reply with quote
It goes to show the importance of putting an actual source (Ex: Ending credits, a direct link to a dub announcement from a company (Example), screenshots of the credits), because otherwise people like me will assume it's spam, especially since plenty of fake info was entered recently that had to be removed. Like for instance, a few Aniplex Japan titles that weren't licensed by Aniplex USA, it was put down that they were Bang Zoom! dubs with unconfirmed info and with a source of "Coming Soon", and that info ended up completely wrong once FUNimation put out official info that they were being dubbed by FUNimation. Then there was Heaven's Feel III where someone entered unconfirmed info for the English dub when absolutely no information regarding the English dub has officially come out and assumptions can end up being entirely wrong (Ex: Example 1 | Example 2 | Example 3) which is why assumptions based off licensing aren't allowed. Then someone ran with an assumption that because Dog Days was expiring on Crunchyroll, that meant FUNimation licensed it and they used nonexistent FUNimation links as their source for "Licensed by: FUNimation" and "Internet Streaming: FUNimation". The list goes on, if you click on the links in my post, you'll see why I thought this yet another instance of spam, especially as I and a few others are losing their patience with it.

Please make sure to put an actual source in the future, I can't stress it enough. The encyclopedia needs more contributors, but they also need to make sure to put down something that shows the information is true so people can trust the info, similar to how Wikipedia has citations.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Punctual

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 9:53 am Reply with quote
BigOnAnime wrote:
It goes to show the importance of putting an actual source (Ex: Ending credits, a direct link to a dub announcement from a company (Example), screenshots of the credits), because otherwise people like me will assume it's spam, especially since plenty of fake info was entered recently that had to be removed. Like for instance, a few Aniplex Japan titles that weren't licensed by Aniplex USA, it was put down that they were Bang Zoom! dubs with unconfirmed info and with a source of "Coming Soon", and that info ended up completely wrong once FUNimation put out official info that they were being dubbed by FUNimation. Then there was Heaven's Feel III where someone entered unconfirmed info for the English dub when absolutely no information regarding the English dub has officially come out and assumptions can end up being entirely wrong (Ex: Example 1 | Example 2 | Example 3) which is why assumptions based off licensing aren't allowed. Then someone ran with an assumption that because Dog Days was expiring on Crunchyroll, that meant FUNimation licensed it and they used nonexistent FUNimation links as their source for "Licensed by: FUNimation" and "Internet Streaming: FUNimation". The list goes on, if you click on the links in my post, you'll see why I thought this yet another instance of spam, especially as I and a few others are losing their patience with it.

Please make sure to put an actual source in the future, I can't stress it enough. The encyclopedia needs more contributors, but they also need to make sure to put down something that shows the information is true so people can trust the info, similar to how Wikipedia has citations.

I understand it, and I will make sure I'll use the sources since now.

However, is there some way of rescue the deleted info about the brazilian dubs? All of them were accurate, and they were a lot for a lot of series. I can try to put them back in the Forum, but it would take a very long time for me to do it. Isn't some way of backuping it? If so, I would add the correct link sources now for all or most of them.

I'm just asking it because I added a lot of information, and putting manually all of it again in the encyclopedia would be stressful. If you guys could backup the brazilian portuguese data that was erased, for series like Overlord, My Hero Academia, Steins;Gate, One Piece movies, Blood Blockade Battlefront and others, I would add the correct link sources this time.

But if that is not the case, I'm sorry anyway. But, I please ask you guys from the moderation to backup it, cause A LOT of accurate info was erased. If you backup it, I can add the correct sources now.
Purple Ninja

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 10:18 am Reply with quote
This is very, very weird to be honest, even information with a good source was removed without a good reason to do it, claiming "Staff remark: This info is improbable".
That's why I am not trusting in this website anymore, so or the uploader of those informations removed its account or some admin here is abusing control here...
BigOnAnime
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 11:04 am Reply with quote
The info should be hidden, not deleted if the links I left in this thread show anything. An Encyclopedia Editor will have to unhide the info in order to allow you to edit in the sources. I've asked Tempest via Twitter to take a look at this.
xstylus

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 11:08 am Reply with quote
Purple Ninja wrote:
This is very, very weird to be honest, even information with a good source was removed without a good reason to do it, claiming "Staff remark: This info is improbable".
That's why I am not trusting in this website anymore, so or the uploader of those informations removed its account or some admin here is abusing control here...

See the link below for further context. It seems there were not sources properly cited. If so, the encyclopedists were correct in their actions.

animenewsnetwork.com/bbs/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=5288885#5288885
Punctual

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 11:13 am Reply with quote
BigOnAnime wrote:
The info should be hidden, not deleted if the links I left in this thread show anything. An Encyclopedia Editor will have to unhide the info in order to allow you to edit in the sources. I've asked Tempest via Twitter to take a look at this.

Thank you. I'll correct this thing with the sources soon. But, again, thank you.
BigOnAnime
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 11:41 am Reply with quote
It didn't help there was a spam problem recently where actual incorrect info was being entered, also without a source as they used "Coming Soon" and "Unconfirmed" which are not sources. All that info had to be removed. It seems there's a way to mass remove all of a user's contributions to save on time.
Purple Ninja

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 12:02 pm Reply with quote
BigOnAnime wrote:
It didn't help there was a spam problem recently where actual incorrect info was being entered, also without a source as they used "Coming Soon" and "Unconfirmed" which are not sources. All that info had to be removed. It seems there's a way to mass remove all of a user's contributions to save on time.

The problem is that it seems that every single info from a certain user was removed, even those with proper source added, with web links from dubbing studios confirming the credits for example.
But since it seems like those sources weren't actually removed, but hidden to review the truthfulness of its sources, I will not be worried. But there's something that I reported to the administration about fake information added on the Demon Slayer TV encyclopedia, but they weren't removed anyway...
BigOnAnime
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 12:09 pm Reply with quote
Like I said, it seems there's a way that encyclopedia editors can mass remove a user's contributions to save on time, so stuff that was actually sourced ended up getting caught in it. Like for example, someone had 800+ fake contributions removed. I'm not an encyclopedia editor though, so I don't know what the process looks like.

As for fake info staying for a while, that is sadly a problem. There's very few encyclopedia editors that are active right now, like I've got dozens upon dozens of error reports that have gone unaddressed for months to years, like this one I submitted nearly 5 years ago. Heck, the duplicate company thread hasn't been addressed since September.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2