• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Sachi's Monstrous Appetite GN 1

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 7:57 pm Reply with quote
The premise intrigued me enough to get the first volume and at least try the series out. I'll see if there's enough there to keep me interested enough to buy subsequent volumes.
P€|\||§_|\/|ast@

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 7:14 am Reply with quote
Why does mention of a whale-looking monster make me think of something very Lovecraftian? (I haven't actually seen a picture of Sachi's monster form)
mangamuscle

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 8:26 am Reply with quote
Past wrote:
Why does mention of a whale-looking monster make me think of something very Lovecraftian?

Indeed, that was clearly the intention of the author. I am very sad that the manga got axed, maybe character designs were too cute (Maybe making Sachie thin instead of thicc in her human form like most other monster girls was a mistake).

The story does feel like it has a lack of focus, unlike The Ancient Magus bride where you feel the plot is going somewhere (even if like this one, does not shows you all the details up front, if ever).
Whitestrider

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 8:45 am Reply with quote
The best thing of this manga use the art style, sadly the story isn't as interesting as I thought it could be. It had much more potential.
harminia

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 5:37 pm Reply with quote
Whitestrider wrote:
The best thing of this manga use the art style, sadly the story isn't as interesting as I thought it could be. It had much more potential.

Yeah, I loved the art but the story was kinda meh. I'd still try reading the mangaka's next work though, just because their art is so nice.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1