• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Release Scraper Completely Broken Unable to Add Releases

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
v_i
Enjoying the time of EVE
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2021 8:45 pm Reply with quote
I know the whole point of the scraper is to make things as automatic and easy as possible, but is there any way we could manually edit entries if something doesn't get pulled, or is pulled wrong?

I truly do appreciate the progress thus far! It's working better than it has in so long! I just feel a way to make the entire process easier (okay, writing an editor isn't exactly easy...) would be to have people manually doing it, versus having scrapers that may break.
BigOnAnime
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2021 8:58 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, that's always been a flaw with how adding releases worked, if you make a mistake when adding a title, you can't fix it. So many stupid titles/wrong formatting I've seen over the years.....
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
v_i
Enjoying the time of EVE
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2021 9:04 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
To give additional options so there's more than 4, maybe adding the Sentai Filmworks Shop and FUNimation Shop to the list could work?

I'd also add Best Buy to that list, as they tend to get a good chunk of new releases, and even have exclusives on occasion.
BigOnAnime
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2021 9:21 pm Reply with quote
Just added the Akira 4K release to see how the site would recognize it despite there being no 4K section yet. Any thoughts on how it should have been titled? I do recommend adding a 4K section despite how there won't be that many releases for the format as 5 years in, there's only a small handful.
release#36627
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
v_i
Enjoying the time of EVE
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2021 8:40 pm Reply with quote
Just tried to add Lapis Re:LiGHTS, a sub-only release, and the scraper was unable to determine that. As the only way to find that out was to press submit, this release will need to be corrected.
release#36631
BigOnAnime
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2021 6:32 pm Reply with quote
Similary, gave adding the 2020 re-release of Lady Death a go, and it didn't recognize it as a dub-only release.
release#36632
BigOnAnime
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2021 4:22 pm Reply with quote
Something I want to also add, it seems Barnes & Noble links also work, though they will still show up as gray, but at least those URLs can be entered again to add more data. Also, sometimes the wrong MSRP is being pulled, seemingly at random.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3