• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: eBay Announces Restrictions on 'Adult' Anime, Games, Manga

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ATastySub
Past ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2021 5:38 pm Reply with quote
tygerchickchibi wrote:
Someone had mentioned that this move may be because of PayPal restrictions on adult content, but I'm not entirely sure as I haven't checked PayPal's policy.

However, it does make more sense considering that PayPal is the main source of payments for the site, and it would be better than finding another service due to their long term business relationship.

Ebay owns PayPal.
GhostStalkerSA

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2021 7:00 pm Reply with quote
ATastySub wrote:
tygerchickchibi wrote:
Someone had mentioned that this move may be because of PayPal restrictions on adult content, but I'm not entirely sure as I haven't checked PayPal's policy.

However, it does make more sense considering that PayPal is the main source of payments for the site, and it would be better than finding another service due to their long term business relationship.

Ebay owns PayPal.

Apparently not anymore, they spun it out to it’s own company in 2015.

I have a bunch of doujins I’m holding in my shopping cart on eBay, no way am I gonna be able to pay for all of them before this deadline. I wonder if they’ll all suddenly be delisted. Anyway, the seller on eBay who I got most of my doujins from over the last year or so stopped being able to take PayPal late last year, so I guess I should’ve known something like this was coming...
taster of pork

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2021 7:45 pm Reply with quote
I’ve seen some Hentai DVD’s still listed but they don’t have pictures of the Box. That might be a good way to fly under EBay’s radar.
ranran-001

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2021 9:15 pm Reply with quote
taster of pork wrote:
I’ve seen some Hentai DVD’s still listed but they don’t have pictures of the Box. That might be a good way to fly under EBay’s radar.

for the time being. Though there needs to be a better solution.
YamiWheeler

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2021 3:02 pm Reply with quote
taster of pork wrote:

The policy doesn't come into effect until June 15th, so it's premature to be taking such measures.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4