• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Crunchyroll Reveals English Dub Casts, Premieres for Tokyo Revengers, To Your Eternity, 86 Eig

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ryuji-Dono

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2021 2:09 pm Reply with quote
Wow, Studiopolis is quite good at picking normally pre-lay roles for their dubs!
DJ_Lucifera

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2021 3:42 pm Reply with quote
Looking forward to all of these; but I'm still
patiently waiting for "Odd Taxi" to get a dub.
MFrontier

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2021 3:42 pm Reply with quote
Lot of new and up-and-coming VA's getting lead roles, which is kind of neat. And Crunchyroll continuing to give Western animation VA's lead roles in anime.

I'm curious who is voicing Hinata and Naoto in Revengers.

86 is fittingly an all-star cast. I was wondering what Billy Kametz' next lead role would be, but I wasn't expecting him as Shin (and he'll be reprising Naofumi soon too). Suzie Yeung as Lena I had a feeling might happen with how far she's rising in terms of profile and now she's the female lead of one of the biggest productions this season. I wonder who will voice Annette?
chrisb
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2021 3:46 pm Reply with quote
Great casting all around. Always good to have more people of color in lead roles. I’m glad they’re dubbing Iruma-kun season 2. It’s really one of the best dubs I’ve heard in a while and deserves more love. I think it’s a little funny that the original voice for Gumball is voicing the main character in To Your Eternity.
Key

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2021 4:01 pm Reply with quote
Really liked Suzie Yeung and Jonah Scott as Yuri and Sniper Mask in High-Rise Invasion, Billy Kametz has had numerous solid roles, and Erica Mendez has been a favorite since early in her career, so I'm definitely looking forward to the 86 dub. Too bad we'll have to wait three weeks for it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
MFrontier

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2021 4:30 pm Reply with quote
Key wrote:
Really liked Suzie Yeung and Jonah Scott as Yuri and Sniper Mask in High-Rise Invasion, Billy Kametz has had numerous solid roles, and Erica Mendez has been a favorite since early in her career, so I'm definitely looking forward to the 86 dub. Too bad we'll have to wait three weeks for it.

What's funny for me is that Kurena feels like such an Erica Mendez role for so many reasons that it's perfect casting Razz.

Also kind of neat to think that Lena has an Asian VA.
FireChick
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2021 5:19 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Suzie Yeung as Lena I had a feeling might happen with how far she's rising in terms of profile and now she's the female lead of one of the biggest productions this season.

Don't forget being cast as Yuffie in the Final Fantasy 7 remake. To think she got her start as Kaban from Kemono Friends.
Bluuumeee

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2021 2:00 am Reply with quote
I'm sure there's a Gumball joke waiting to be made with Jacob Hopkins voicing Fushi, but I can't think of it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1