• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Hideo Kojima Tweets His Thoughts on Godzilla Singular Point

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
egozi14

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 12:56 pm Reply with quote
Not fan of the series one bit, I'm there for the Kaijus and the big G, but the script is all over the place and feel like your common "We are trying to look smart so we making a world were everyone's IQ is super high and talk in the speed of light" kind of thing that you sometimes see in american movies~

spoiler[Never was a fan of Hideo Kojima and his cult too]
Not my cup of tea~
Weird Guy

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 1:04 pm Reply with quote
Nobody cares about you kojima...go back making nonsense games
thekingsdinner

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 1:13 pm Reply with quote
I think this show is just kinda... okay. I like the artstyle and animation a lot, even the CGI kaiju's look pretty damn good, but I think there's not enough actual kaiju action and the human characters aren't interesting and the dialogue is filled with a lot boring technobabble that I honestly don't understand so I tend to not pay much attention.

Truthfully, more Godzilla films in the past have had some of these problems (especially Shin Godzilla imo) but I hoped for a more classic kaiju action oriented series or something akin to the 1954 movie rather than this.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Matros

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 2:36 pm Reply with quote
Weird Guy wrote:

Did Kojima kick your dog or why are you so pressed?

This might trigger you even further, but people DO care about him and his "nonsense" games.
SHD

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 4:43 pm Reply with quote
I enjoy this show a lot. I'm not a kaijuu aficionado so as far as I know the show might be doing them terrible injustice, but I enjoy the story a lot, even the technobabble is more entertaining than usual.
TexZero

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 7:52 pm Reply with quote
Personally the show is no better than any of the other godzilla cartoons/anime that came before it.

The art direction is interesting and unfortunately i feel that sometimes it's to a negative because the show can't afford to do more Kaiju stuff on screen so we're stuck with a paint by numbers technobable about the theory of time and space.

Sadly everytime the ending theme hits i sit there wondering why we couldn't just use that style and have more of those Kaiju pictured. It's kinda sad to see all the classic Godzilla nemesis and even some allies and have near 0 of that in the show.
Sven Viking

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 7:57 pm Reply with quote
Matros wrote:
Weird Guy wrote:

Did Kojima kick your dog or why are you so pressed?

This might trigger you even further, but people DO care about him and his "nonsense" games.

Also it’s not unusual for anyone to talk about a series they like on social media — he wasn’t the one to decide to turn it into a news story.
BlueAlf

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 9:08 pm Reply with quote
thekingsdinner wrote:
I think this show is just kinda... okay. I like the artstyle and animation a lot, even the CGI kaiju's look pretty damn good, but I think there's not enough actual kaiju action and the human characters aren't interesting and the dialogue is filled with a lot boring technobabble that I honestly don't understand so I tend to not pay much attention.

You know, IMO, speaking from my experience playing MGS games, this actually sorta explains the reason why Kojima likes it.
animefan57892

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 11:58 pm Reply with quote
Military armament in this anime is a big plus for me, besides the story.
thekingsdinner

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2021 10:07 am Reply with quote
BlueAlf wrote:
thekingsdinner wrote:

You know, IMO, speaking from my experience playing MGS games, this actually sorta explains the reason why Kojima likes it.
Now that you mention it... yeah I totally agree lol, this does seem right up Kojima's alley. I haven't played MGS games but I do know about their overall stories.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1