• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Toonami Airs Yashahime: Princess Half-Demon Anime on June 26

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TanyaTheEvil

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 12:55 pm Reply with quote
Outstanding, that is some great news
KitKat1721

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 1:12 pm Reply with quote
As much as I could not get into Yashahime, this isn’t a surprise at all. Inuyasha was such a perennial mainstay on Adult Swim for years, so it only makes perfect sense they’d try to air the sequel as well.

Some people were speculating that Megalobox Nomad would take this time slot, but I don’t think the dub is far enough along/can be promised for a consistent, weekly release schedule.
Top Gun

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 4:09 pm Reply with quote
Oh good, now I get to subject myself to this trainwreck for half a year!
NeoStrayCat

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 5:58 pm Reply with quote
KitKat1721 wrote:
Some people were speculating that Megalobox Nomad would take this time slot, but I don’t think the dub is far enough along/can be promised for a consistent, weekly release schedule.

Well, to be fair, the dub started airing lately on FuniNow, but yeah, seems to be too soon, although, to be fair, Space Dandy was basically a day/date premiere with the JP TV airing on Toonami, so...yeah.

Either way, not surprising also that Yashahime would be on Toonami eventually since [AS/Toonami] did air the original and Final Act previously. However, I've already seen the dub, but will be waiting on Season 2 of Yashahime.
Zeino

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 6:05 pm Reply with quote
Mob Psycho 100 II is being robbed once more for this uninspired mess. Toonami needs to start learning how to make good choices again.
Lycosyncer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:45 pm Reply with quote
Due to the second season airing later this fall and if things are going swimmingly, it would also simulcast the English dub of the second season alongside Japan as well.

Anyways, with how beloved and successful the original Inuyasha series was back during the Adult Swim days, it's only natural that the sequel series would air on Toonami as well.

But due to how reception to the first season of Yashahime had been...mixed at best to say the least, it kind of left fans of the original series who saw it feeling disappointed and it kind of left them not feeling good about wanting to see the second season and come on, shouldn't you want your audience wanting more and want to come back and not end up disappointed and not wanting to come back? After a disappointing first season, it would be hard to convince those who gave up on it to give it a second chance.

Hope that the second season gets better from here but I am not having any high expectations for it.
MoonPhase1

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 9:39 pm Reply with quote
Zeino wrote:
Mob Psycho 100 II is being robbed once more for this uninspired mess. Toonami needs to start learning how to make good choices again.

Toonami wants Mob Psycho 100 II. They even had reruns of Season 1. But there are issues with it that prevent Toonami from airing it that need to be worked out between Crunchyroll and Funimation.
MFrontier

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 1:42 pm Reply with quote
Not surprising considering the history of the franchise.
ThrowMeOut

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 3:30 pm Reply with quote
I mean I get why they'd air this, considering how big Inuyasha was, but damn was I hoping we'd all collectively agree to quietly bury this trainwreck in the backyard and never speak of it again.
MagicPolly

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:09 am Reply with quote
ThrowMeOut wrote:
I mean I get why they'd air this, considering how big Inuyasha was, but damn was I hoping we'd all collectively agree to quietly bury this trainwreck in the backyard and never speak of it again.

I don't think that's gonna happen, from my understanding the series was very well recieved in Japan (I remember it getting into the top 10 weekly ratings often). Not to mention the second season was immediately announced after the end. So yeah, I think it's here to stay for now.
ThrowMeOut

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:26 pm Reply with quote
I don't think it was "very well received" as much is it "had a prime timeslot on tv" and "rode on the coattails of its vastly superior source material." But yeah I know. Bring on season 2. I guess.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1