• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: How NOT to Summon a Demon Lord Omega

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Covnam

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:13 pm Reply with quote
Well that was fun. I hope we do get a 3rd season some day
Thespacemaster

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2021 9:07 am Reply with quote
For the most part i would agree with the review

Omega felt more like it was a bunch of a Bonus Season than a full fledged series as the charm of s1 was somewhat lost in this one.

I think for me the main thing i feel this way is probably due to these factors:
-The quality of the animation seems to have gotten lower compared to s1(not the worst but certainly a bit noticable)
-Shera and Rem pretty much took a back seat troughout the season and the others from s1 barely made a dent.
-While there were comedic moments they felt sort of stale,less frequently and more dry compared to the stuff shown in s1.
-The second half of the series even as none ln reader felt like there was a lot of rushing and pace was all over the place. it really needed 12 ep instead of 10ep i think.

Still it was an enjoyable experience, i mean after s1 finished airing, most of us probably never expected a s2 to be made as these shows usually just get that one-off ln promotion season and that is it. So il take it and i still recommend people to watch it, if they have nothing else to watch and want spend watching a show with a bit of light humor and ecchiness tossed on the side.

7.5/10 overall.
Blanchimont

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2021 9:22 am Reply with quote
Covnam wrote:
Well that was fun. I hope we do get a 3rd season some day

That might be difficult, ending went pretty anime original(rings, Europa..*). Either they'd have to retcon some stuff, or omit certain events from future plotline as well as change some plot-important stuff...

*Europa belongs in a whole other subplot a lot later, and while the rings were in that scene in the novel both the girls got them(the rings were a pair). Except it turned out it meant they(the girls) got married between themselves. So Diablo has to go on a quest find/make a new ring to, well, make it a threesome, that plotline is still in progress in the light novel...
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2021 1:45 pm Reply with quote
I haven't seen the final episode yet, but I don't know why they would do an anime only ending. As Blanchimont said, there is plenty of material published already.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3