• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation Screens 'Josee, The Tiger and the Fish' Anime Film in U.S., Canada on July 12-14

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nyghtwynd

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 1:02 pm Reply with quote
What parts of Canada? IIRC movie theatres in Ontario here are still under lockdown orders.
MFrontier

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 1:07 pm Reply with quote
I was wondering if this would ever see an official Western release. Was kind of expecting it'd be GKIDs, but nice to see Funimation releasing it.

Nice to see Howard Wang as the male lead. And Dani Chabmers and Zeno Robinson in something together.

Has anyone's career blown up as fast as Suzie Yeung's? Like her first LA role she auditioned for ended up being Yuffie and now she just keeps getting major roles it feels like, and now her first leading role in a movie.

Last edited by MFrontier on Tue Jun 15, 2021 4:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
FireChick
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 1:16 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Has anyone's career blown up as fast as Suzie Yeung's? Like her first LA role she auditioned for ended up being Yuffie and now she just keeps getting major roles it feels like, and now her first leading role in a movie.

I know playing Kaban in Kemono Friends really put her on the map, as she played three different characters with three different voices.
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 2:29 pm Reply with quote
Finally. I was hoping for someone to license this movie.
KitKat1721

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 3:45 pm Reply with quote
Really looking forward to finally seeing this on a big screen, I've been hyped about it for what feels like a long time! Seems like it'll be out for three or so days at least based on a quick fandango search.

English cast and crew look good too, and I'm particularly happy with Howard Wang's casting as Tsuneo. Jerry Jewell is also an interesting choice to direct. I haven't seen too many of his dubs (Index/Railgun, Yamato 2199, Gymnastics Samurai, etc...), but I liked his work on Orange and what I saw of the Stars Align dub! Both of which seem to be in a similar wheelhouse genre-wise.
xxmsxx

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:03 pm Reply with quote
Nyghtwynd wrote:
What parts of Canada? IIRC movie theatres in Ontario here are still under lockdown orders.

Ours are open in Alberta. They are showing a lot of Demon Slayer right now. But I don't think this film is going to open in regular chain theatres.

Very excited to see more films this summer.
FireChick
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2021 7:28 am Reply with quote
I really hope Josee is going to be shown in my home state. FUNi hasn't shown states where it's premiering it, and I hope Pennsylvania gets added at some point.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1