• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Uzumaki Horror Anime's Teaser Reveals Delay to October 2022 Due to COVID-19

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zeino

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:41 pm Reply with quote
Given that they seem to have perfectly replicated Junji Ito art style into impressive animation, they can honestly have all the time they need to finish. I also respect and am endeared to Hiroshi Nagahama being wholesome speaking about the delays. Hopefully Toonami's other originals can fill in the void until then...
RockSplash

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:46 pm Reply with quote
Zeino wrote:
Given that they seem to have perfectly replicated Junji Ito art style into impressive animation, they can honestly have all the time they need to finish. I also respect and am endeared to Hiroshi Nagahama being wholesome speaking about the delays. Hopefully Toonami's other originals can fill in the void until then...

I am curious about dubbing. They have yet to list a dub, and Adult Swim has aired sub only.content before. Maybe they will do a double airing. One in japanese, and one in english.
Zhou-BR

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:54 pm Reply with quote
The animation looks much better than I expected after watching that promo video that looked like a motion comic. If they need extra time to do this right, then I'm all for it, but now I'm really curious to find out who these new staff members that Nagahama mentioned are.
MagicPolly

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 9:01 pm Reply with quote
Wow, that looks REALLY good. It makes me wonder if the animation is 3D or rotoscoping (given that Nagahama directed Flowers of Evil). Either way, I'm really excited for it. Although I haven't read the manga yet, I'll be looking forward to reading it in the interim 1.3 years.
Covnam

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 9:10 pm Reply with quote
Looking at it I can see why it's taking so long Laughing

Looking forward to this Smile
Gem-Bug

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 11:03 pm Reply with quote
After the abysmal Junji Ito Collection a few years ago, I was pretty skeptical about any future adaptions of his works. This, however, looks outstanding! Going with the black and white manga look was a really good decision(it could always end up in color, but I hope not).
zawa113

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2021 12:00 am Reply with quote
By all means, please delay the hell out of this if you need to. We would FAR rather have it delayed than end up with Ex-Arm, or Cyberpunk, or Junji Ito Collection all over again.
ICO44

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2021 12:06 am Reply with quote
Wow!!! This looks phenomenal!!! by all means, take as much as you need.
MagicPolly

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2021 1:57 am Reply with quote
zawa113 wrote:
By all means, please delay the hell out of this if you need to. We would FAR rather have it delayed than end up with Ex-Arm, or Cyberpunk, or Junji Ito Collection all over again.

The ironic thing is that Ex-Arm was delayed, for half a year I believe. And we still got THAT.
ab2143

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:00 am Reply with quote
I don’t mind waiting longer for this. It’s looking stellar so far.

Time, not budget, is important.
Triltaison

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:18 am Reply with quote
zawa113 wrote:

Perfectly summed up. Junji Ito Collection about broke my heart, and it was still recovering from the disappointment of Lychee Light Club's anime adaptation. We still haven't gotten a decent anime out of Furuya's art, but it looks like we might have the potential for something good here. This... I'm afraid to be devastated once again, but I feel some authentic hope bubbling from the depths of a well that I thought ran dry long ago.
donhumberto

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:33 am Reply with quote
This looks Amazing Shocked Pity about the delay of course, but, as others have said, I'd rather have a delay if the wait means we are going to get something of this level.
OK17

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2021 12:12 pm Reply with quote
MagicPolly wrote:
Wow, that looks REALLY good. It makes me wonder if the animation is 3D or rotoscoping (given that Nagahama directed Flowers of Evil). Either way, I'm really excited for it. Although I haven't read the manga yet, I'll be looking forward to reading it in the interim 1.3 years.

It definitely looks like rotoscope, so I’m assuming it will have a similar visual style as Flowers of Evil
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1