• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation Debuts Show By Rock!! Mashumairesh!! Anime's English Dub on Wednesday

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 9:39 pm Reply with quote
A nice surprise. Thought we would have to wait until the BD was released before the dub was available
appledude1221

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 10:48 pm Reply with quote
Would like to see a dub for lapis relights, Love live nijigasaki, Blue Reflection ray and Idoly Pride. This is a start but not enough

Please listen to your fans funimation
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 10:55 pm Reply with quote
appledude1221 wrote:
Would like to see a dub for lapis relights,

Lapis gets released on BD in Aug, but it isnt dubbed. so you are out of luck there
MFrontier

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 11:15 pm Reply with quote
Nice to see Macy Anne Johnson in a new lead role, and it's cool that they're dubbing the songs.

Also the first time Megan Shipman has voice directed anything, I believe?
MagicPolly

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 11:19 pm Reply with quote
appledude1221 wrote:
Would like to see a dub for lapis relights, Love live nijigasaki, Blue Reflection ray and Idoly Pride. This is a start but not enough

All of those aside from Lapis are from the last two or current season. Funi is trying their hardest to catch up with all the dubs they missed out on during the switch to remote. Just be patient and dubs will most likely happen (I say most likely because with the BR news, it may never get a dub)
Farhanawesome

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2021 12:33 am Reply with quote
MagicPolly wrote:
appledude1221 wrote:

All of those aside from Lapis are from the last two or current season. Funi is trying their hardest to catch up with all the dubs they missed out on during the switch to remote. Just be patient and dubs will most likely happen (I say most likely because with the BR news, it may never get a dub)

Then what is the reason FUNI decide to not dub Lapis Re:Lights ? i mean most of shows from last year and the unpopular one like Tamayomi, Bungo Alchemist, Shironeko Project, Sakura Wars 2020 anime get dubbed.
Lord Vaultman

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:49 am Reply with quote
Farhanawesome wrote:
MagicPolly wrote:
appledude1221 wrote:

Then what is the reason FUNI decide to not dub Lapis Re:Lights ? i mean most of shows from last year and the unpopular one like Tamayomi, Bungo Alchemist, Shironeko Project, Sakura Wars 2020 anime get dubbed.

Well for starters lapis streaming rights are still owned by aniplex and aniplex of America. And while they are bow under the same umbrella of sony with funimation they still march to the beats of their own drums when deciding what gets a dub and what doesn't. Sometimes japanese rights holders don't want their show dubbed (bizarre I know) other times they also don't want their music dubbed.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:55 am Reply with quote
Lapis is Kadokawa, not Aniplex
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1