• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: Combatants Will Be Dispatched!

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
michizure

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 11:02 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
In other words, Lilith's actions suggest that evil points is something tangible rather than just an arbitrary currency.

Pretty sure the whole system is powered by The Rule of Funny, so there's little point in reading more into it.
Penrhos

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:31 am Reply with quote
So 6 got evil points for stealing Heine's bra (ala Kazuma's theft skill) but not for killing Russel by kicking him in the balls - so no evil point earned if you kill?

Snow is slowly being corrupted by 6 - she's becoming a total low-life and perfect agent material (if she was actually any good at anything).

6 showing himself up as a bit of a softy by having Alice revive Russel for it all to backfire on them meccha style.
michizure

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 3:59 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Is anyone else disappointed that the ancient weapon wasn't the Destroyer from KONOSUBA?

Apparently so -- or, at least, the writers had something else in mind.
Zerreth

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 4:06 pm Reply with quote
A special note for the fact that Grimm actually exploded. The buildup from however far back when Alice was discounting magic to her incredible enthusiasm here was great. I think it's a testament to understanding how to slow burn a joke right until its punchline.
Penrhos

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 5:59 pm Reply with quote
Poor Russell - he should have taken 6's offer now he's Tigerman's boy/girl loli plaything.

I was so disappointed when Alice's robot wasn't "The Destroyer!".

So a pair of fluffy socks cause Grimm to self-destruct. Presumably if they pick the pieces up and stick her on the altar with an offering she'll still resurrect in the morning.

I'm surprised Alice didn't give 6 a harder time for suggesting a Tenga upgrade for her (although Lilith did design & program her to match 6 - more info in the LN) and Alice did seem happy for 6 to be stuck there with her rather than him get home to earth, Also what was with the blush when 6 came round with Alice sat on top of him?

There's enough material for a second series but it's no Konosuba and personally I'd go for another series of Konosuba over this anyway.
7/10.
SilverTalon01

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 9:29 pm Reply with quote
Great series, but all of the characters are essentially just worse versions of the Konosuba cast. I'd be very happy to have another season of this, but I'd rather just have another season of Konosuba.
Covnam

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 10:00 pm Reply with quote
So I guess sandals are out for Grimm too then, huh?

Overall a good episode, not the best, but it did have good character moments.

I didn't find the whole Russel / Tiger Man prison scene to be entertaining at all. Perhaps if they just kept it to a quick joke it might have worked for me (I did laugh at him peeking up his skirt since it was absurd), but it went on far too long.

I hope we get a second season as I'd want to see more of (most of) these characters, but if it's this or a 3rd season of Konosuba, I'd vote for more Kazuma
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2021 8:58 am Reply with quote
KonoSuba fans see a Destroyer, I see- and hear- a MUTO from Godzilla 2014.

In other words, I haven't seen KonoSuba and I have no plans to ever do so. Just give me more shows about Mr Number Six and Alice and I'll be happy. I laughed, I laughed some more, I squeed when Alice gave Six what amounts to a declaration of marriage though to be honest, she'd be the one to send him to an early grave or asylum. I don't see the supporting cast becoming as "iconic" as the KonoSuba crew... I don't know the show but I know the characters because they're so damn ubiquitous.... but lesser characters make for a far more satisfying journey/ending.

See, I can see fans letting this group change as they're not attached to what the characters were. And the series... hopefully season... finale was all about change for everyone but Snow.

Tigerman was promised to be turned into a young girl once his service was up and I have loads of both questions and objections especially in regards to Russel.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4